Just bought a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Layza4STi

Default Just bought a new board

What's up guy's!!

I've been riding for 14 years now and still a noob when It come time to buy a new board, I rocked a Burton twin for six years and loved it, It went through hell and back. In 08 i bought a new Burton royal 56, at the end of last season i snapped the tail off, sweet NOT. The bad new's is i only owned that board for 13 month and just missed the warranty buy one month.

So hear i am, in need of a board, I'm 5'11 at 195 pound's and wear a size 12. I called the burton warehouse to find a 09 board to save some cash. I came up with these Burton board's.

Operator
Mayhem
Blunt
Custom X

Size around 156. I'm more of a freerider now, since I'm 27 but when I'm out there I cant help my self and have to hit the park up. So I called the warehouse and they did not have some of those board in stock. They ended up recommending the burton Supermodel to me and that's what i grabbed for $350. So did i make the right choice? Should i have brought something else, i just don't want to crack the board again and have to dish out more cash next season... Just looking for your thought's..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
bkrael46

Why are you sticking to one brand??? Try something new. Burton is wayyy overpriced. You can get the same or better quality board for a way lower price with other companies.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Layza4STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrael46 View Post
Why are you sticking to one brand??? Try something new. Burton is wayyy overpriced. You can get the same or better quality board for a way lower price with other companies.
I realize that, i just away's had a Burton and I like them. Did I pay way to much for that board??
Old 11-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
alasdairm

what if you did pay too much for it? what can you do about it?

for what it's worth, $350 for a new '09 supermodel seems about right. you could maybe have saved another $10-$20 by shopping round but you might have spent $20 of your own time doing so, so it's a wash.

aside - and this is a pet peeve so if you want to tell me to F-off that's fine - you need to learn how to use an apostrophe correctly. in your original post, the words guy's, new's, pound's, board's & thought's do not need an apostrophe. here's a link to help you learn: Apostrophe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

alasdair
Old 11-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
bkrael46

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
aside - and this is a pet peeve so if you want to tell me to F-off that's fine - you need to learn how to use an apostrophe correctly. in your original post, the words guy's, new's, pound's, board's & thought's do not need an apostrophe. here's a link to help you learn: Apostrophe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

alasdair
haha i didnt even notice that thats hilarious wat a fail
Old 11-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Your last one snapped at the tail after only owning it for 13 months and you are shopping for another Burton?!?!?! good luck! Milo has a Blunt you could pick up for cheap and it sounds like you would like it!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kevinnnnnnnnnnn

Isn't 156 for mostly freeriding is bit short for your weight??
Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Layza4STi

Quote:
what if you did pay too much for it? what can you do about it?
Easy, cancel the order or return It!!

Quote:
what it's worth, $350 for a new '09 supermodel seems about right. you could maybe have saved another $10-$20 by shopping round but you might have spent $20 of your own time doing so, so it's a wash.
Thats not so bad I guess..

Quote:
aside- and this is a pet peeve so if you want to tell me to F-off that's fine - you need to learn how to use an apostrophe correctly. in your original post, the words guy's, new's, pound's, board's & thought's do not need an apostrophe. here's a link to help you learn: Apostrophe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

alasdair
LOL, well I typed that kind of fast and I was on the phone at work. I did not realize that I should prof read before I post around here!! But since we are on the subject, I find it funny that you can find time to criticize me and have a "pet peeve" about proper grammar when you cant even begin a sentence proper. Here is a link to help you out, Sentence case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrael46 View Post
haha i didnt even notice that thats hilarious wat a fail
What is so funny?? What did I fail at?? You cant even complete a fucking word!!!!!

Look, I did not come on here to start a fight or to troll. I just bought a new board and super exited to go out ridding this season. This is a Snowboarding Forum right?? If you have a problem PM me and we can discus it there.

Last edited by Layza4STi; 11-28-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Layza4STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuiD View Post
Your last one snapped at the tail after only owning it for 13 months and you are shopping for another Burton?!?!?! good luck! Milo has a Blunt you could pick up for cheap and it sounds like you would like it!!!
I'm starting to think I made the wrong choice. You think It's time I try out a new board?? How much is cheap?? Because, I can still cancel the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinnnnnnnnnnn View Post
Isn't 156 for mostly freeriding is bit short for your weight??
I should be on a bigger board and my buddy was giving me a hard time about it last night. But I just like to ride on smaller board's. He has a 163 and when we go out I'm going to ride his board to see if i like it. Shit, now I'm even more confused...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
alasdairm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layza4STi View Post
...when you cant even begin a sentence proper.
you mean properly? (proper is an adjective, properly is the adverb )

also, "can't" requires an apostrophe.

itt: irony.

if you want to pick this up, drop me a pm to save dragging this thread any further off topic.

alasdair

Last edited by alasdairm; 11-28-2009 at 04:39 PM.