which lib tech board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default which lib tech board?

hi first post

for the last few years i have been riding the cheapest board i can find as we don't get much snow in england and the dry ski place i go to usually trashes any board first time down the slope.

however hopefully some time the beginning of next year i should be going to somewhere in europe or if I'm lucky whistler and i want to buy a lib tech BTX board after a friend told me how good his board was.

problem is i cant work out which board to buy, i have size 11/12 feet and i like shorter boards which is a bit of a problem and all my boards so far my heel and toes have stuck over the edge about 3-4cms on my back foot when i ride +15, +4.

I'm 6' and about 140lbs and really don't want anything longer than a 158, I'm looking for an all round board as i have no particular riding style and on holiday i generally try to cover as many pisted (is that word?) runs as possible but very often i find myself on a snow road covered in powder.

ok so with all that in mind what board would you recommend? I'm pretty set on lib tech as they sound like a lot of fun but if there is any huge reason why i shouldn't buy one let me know. thanks
weetsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't get hooked on a particular brand. Lib Tech is good, but so are a variety of other manufacturers.
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I am personally shooting for a Lib Tech skate banana for my next board. I currently ride an 07 Shaun White. Heard the skate bananas are steeze.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride a 61 wide mtx dark series and can say without a doubt it is the best board I have ever rode. I would buy another dark series for sure, but I dont think I would go wide next time. They have a bit of a riser where your bindings mount. Coupled with a binding with some nice high gas pedals built in, and boots where the heel and toes have good clearance you would have very little or no toe or heel drag.
The skunk ape line is made for riders with bigger feet.
freshy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

One thing about Lib Techs, try one before you buy it. BTX rides a lot differently than regular camber with standard edges. I had a t.rice mtx from 2 years ago. And from my personal experience with Lib Tech, get ready to wax you board every damn day, the bases dry out way too fast. Also be prepared for some possible premature delamination.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarding101 View Post
One thing about Lib Techs, try one before you buy it. BTX rides a lot differently than regular camber with standard edges. I had a t.rice mtx from 2 years ago. And from my personal experience with Lib Tech, get ready to wax you board every damn day, the bases dry out way too fast. Also be prepared for some possible premature delamination.
Are you using the cheapest wax possible or something? I use flouro wax on mine and I dont have to wax all that often at all. If you do have a problem like delaming be prepared for the world best customer service.
freshy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea i have a libtech TRS and i wax it maybe every other week if that and my base is usually fine, i ride every day for the most part with a day off here and there to rest or whatever.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
frosty1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarding101 View Post

Dont know what kind concrete your riding on. I can ride my Lib/Gnu atleast 4 0r 5 times depending on conditions easily without waxing. Plus with the sintered base the board gets faster with life and the more you wax.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

ok i think im going to go for the 2010 skate banana wide 156
weetsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetsie View Post
ok i think im going to go for the 2010 skate banana wide 156
Lucky!!!

Make sure you post a review on them
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote