Which board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
HaLv

Default Which board?

Okay guys i've decided to get a new board for this season, board, bindings and boots, the whole package. On my limited budget i have found myself a couple alternatives, and i have a couple of questions. But first, these are my options. I live in Norway, so i have limited shops and dealers, so im gonna link to the american sites for these boards i have found.

5150 DEALER + FF3000 bindings + LEGION boots

Burton CLASH 0910 + INVADER 0910 boots + CLOAK 0910 bindings

Nitro PRIME TAPED + Grifter tls boots + Raiden strike bindings

So, to me it seems these three boards are completely different, since i don't happen to know much about snowboards. But i know that the 5150 Dealer board, is in a lower price class than the two others, does that mean i can expect a much lower quality from 5150 than burton and nitro?
But from what i've heard, is that todays snowboard technology is so developed that huge differences in price, doesn't necessarily mean a big difference in quality, is that true?
I guess what i'm asking is, is the expensive burton board really THAT much better than the cheaper 5150 board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
oxi

I'd stay away from 5150 if I were you. Cheap boards aren't neccessarily bad, but 5150 boards are bad in general. Don't really know much about the other two though, but low-end Burton stuff has a rep for being pretty low quality as well.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
HaLv

That's what i thought, my friend got a cheap 5150 board from 2006 and was not satisfied at all. It just got me thinking because on 5150's website 5150 Snowboarding. That specific model, the 5150 Dealer 2010 model, is the newest and best 5150 board available.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the Dealer is the only twin board you have listed... (and it got Good wood atleast last year it did)
both the clash and prine are directional...

Do you plan on riding park? go with the dealer. other wise the nitro becuase atleast it has a 2 yr warranty