Edge maintenance????????? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
bkrael46

Question Edge maintenance?????????

Can someone please explain to me edge maintenance? I have read alot of threads and i still really do not understand any of the terms, tools, or procedures of edge care. I will be riding mostly park if that helps and i just got a new board and dont know if i need to do anything to the edges specifically for park. Please help my hill opens this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrael46 View Post
Can someone please explain to me edge maintenance? I have read alot of threads and i still really do not understand any of the terms, tools, or procedures of edge care. I will be riding mostly park if that helps and i just got a new board and dont know if i need to do anything to the edges specifically for park. Please help my hill opens this weekend.
Maintenance or the initial one-time establishment of a bevel? They are two different things.

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
bkrael46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Maintenance or the initial one-time establishment of a bevel? They are two different things.
anything that has to do with edges i am seriously oblivious i dont know what any of the terms or anything really
Old 11-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Tuning - The Carver's Almanac
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wait, aren't you that kid that stubbornly refuses to read stickies, guides, wants everyone to take him by the hand, and makes 8 topics asking the same question over and over?

Oh yeah, you are.

My advice is to start reading for yourself instead of spouting bullshit about how you tried to read and didn't understand. You'll stop pissing off people here.

All of these links popped up by typing 'Snowboard tuning tutorial' into google. It's not hard. No really, I promise, you can do it too. Just try. And before you start with more bullshit, ALL the terms and explanations are in these links. Just click and read.

snowboard tuning tutorial

Snowboard Tuning Tutorial | Whistler Snowboarding | Prior Snowboards | BC Canada

How To Tune A Snowboard With Edge Sharpening (Sports & Outdoors: Winter Sports)

Edges | SlideWright Weblog

Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Wait, aren't you that kid that stubbornly refuses to read stickies, guides, wants everyone to take him by the hand, and makes 8 topics asking the same question over and over?

Oh yeah, you are.

My advice is to start reading for yourself instead of spouting bullshit about how you tried to read and didn't understand. You'll stop pissing off people here.

All of these links popped up by typing 'Snowboard tuning tutorial' into google. It's not hard. No really, I promise, you can do it too. Just try. And before you start with more bullshit, ALL the terms and explanations are in these links. Just click and read.

Snowboard Tuning Tutorial | Whistler Snowboarding | Prior Snowboards | BC Canada

starting to enjoy your replies
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

We're all boarders outside of the politics threads.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
bkrael46

Quote:

Oh yeah, you are.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! i dont think i have ever seen you post something that helped somebody. Im sorry that this is my first year with my own board and i want to make sure i dont fucking ruin it. And im sorry that i have alot of questions since this is my first year. Im sorry that the search thing on here never seems to give me what i want. This is the only place i can come and get direct feedback from actual snowboarders. But i guess i cant even do that anymore cuz i got people like you who bitch and bitch every time i fucking post something. Instead of bein a little bitch about everything why dont you just try and help a fellow snowboarder out.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrael46 View Post
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! i dont think i have ever seen you post something that helped somebody. Im sorry that this is my first year with my own board and i want to make sure i dont fucking ruin it. And im sorry that i have alot of questions since this is my first year. Im sorry that the search thing on here never seems to give me what i want. This is the only place i can come and get direct feedback from actual snowboarders. But i guess i cant even do that anymore cuz i got people like you who bitch and bitch every time i fucking post something. Instead of bein a little bitch about everything why dont you just try and help a fellow snowboarder out.
despite how he told you, he did give you exactly what you asked for... and directed you to the "dreaded" search bar. maybe if you did a little more research and then narrowed it down people would be inclined to help you out then if you just throw out a general topic. but really you shouldn't even need to ask since there are a bunch of threads on this... i would know i just got my board beveled for the first time and i didn't need to ask about it. just spend 10 mins looking around and you'll know pretty much everything about edges
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

im not taking sides here but every forum on the web has people who say try searching first. but the fact is if everybody searched first and found there answer there would never be a new post. if you dont want to help this person then dont but dont flame because they used this forum for its intended use. thats all,carry on.
tschamp20 is offline   Reply With Quote