Freestyle/Jib board for me. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Freestyle/Jib board for me.

Hello I'm new,
I am about 6'3" with my snowboard boots on about 140ish pounds, and an intermediate snowboarder. I do jumps and carve well but the only thing I think that's holding me back is my snowboard. 2008 Morrow Press with Lamar bindings, 157 CM. I want a new snowboard+bindings (keeping my head boots) that I can easily jib on that is really flexible, and is really easy to do tricks on. I'm not going to stay at the park all day, I am going to be riding the mountain but not just carving doing all sorts of tricks down the way. Now if you read the desc. for the Morrow Press it says its a good Freeride and Freestyle board but literally I have been riding for 2 seasons and this board is horrible compared to my friends freestyle k2 board w/ Burton bindings and we're at about the same level. Do you think a Freestyle board is the type I'm looking for? Mainly it is easy to Jib and Flick-able. Recommend some boards too please
Thanks!
Edit: If you don't want to read thread basically people are conversing over board size, and I am planning on buying a 156 Capita Horrorscope w/ Union Force bindings.

Last edited by Snowboarder104; 11-30-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Summary
Snowboarder104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder104 View Post
Hello I'm new,
I am about 6'3" with my snowboard boots on about 140ish pounds, and an intermediate snowboarder. I do jumps and carve well but the only thing I think that's holding me back is my snowboard. 2008 Morrow Press with Lamar bindings, 157 CM. I want a new snowboard+bindings (keeping my head boots) that I can easily jib on that is really flexible, and is really easy to do tricks on. I'm not going to stay at the park all day, I am going to be riding the mountain but not just carving doing all sorts of tricks down the way. Now if you read the desc. for the Morrow Press it says its a good Freeride and Freestyle board but literally I have been riding for 2 seasons and this board is horrible compared to my friends freestyle k2 board w/ Burton bindings and we're at about the same level. Do you think a Freestyle board is the type I'm looking for? Mainly it is easy to Jib and Flick-able. Recommend some boards too please
Thanks!
Libtech Skate Banana

+

=
Heaven below your feet.

The only problem is that it might be a little short for you, in that case get a Libtech Skunk Apes 165.
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I thought you had to have a smaller board for Freestyle. Wouldn't 156cm Skate banana be good for me as I'm size 12? (Its 10-13)
Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder104 View Post
I thought you had to have a smaller board for Freestyle. Wouldn't 156cm Skate banana be good for me as I'm size 12? (Its 10-13)
dude if you are 6'3 there is no way you could rock a 156. I think a 161 would be pretty perfect for you. You want something you can rock in the park but take it off piste if you wanted. That is the beauty of a freestyle board.
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Looked at a snowboard calc. it said I would even need a 153! But you serious I can't rock a 156? I found a killer deal. Thanks though, I'll see if anyone else responds
Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
alasdairm

^ he only weighs 140lbs. there are plenty of ways he could rock a 156...

alasdair
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
dude if you are 6'3 there is no way you could rock a 156. I think a 161 would be pretty perfect for you. You want something you can rock in the park but take it off piste if you wanted. That is the beauty of a freestyle board.
I'm 6'5" 200lbs and rock a 155W Capita Horrorscope all over the dam place ( =
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ok, so I don't mean to sound like a broken record but I can do pretty much any sort of riding on my 155W Capita Horrorscope.

I have the Green Union Forces strapped to it, and I will be riding it all the time except on deep pow days...

So I recommend a 155W Capita Horrorscope to you.

It's considered a "noodle" but handles incredibly well all over the mountain.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I'm 6'5" 200lbs and rock a 155W Capita Horrorscope all over the dam place ( =
shit, well it is possible, but i wouldn't advise it lol. Fuck a 155? shit that is small lol. im 5'11 and rock a 159. Are you only ridding park? I think a 155 would be small to freeride on. Powder must be a nightmare for you.
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
Old 11-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

I currently got a 157cm as I said and it feels huge. Hate riding switch on it, possibly it is also not wide enough? Feel narrows does that play a part?