Did i buy the wrong size park board?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
matt H

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Did i buy the wrong size park board??

hey guys, just came upon this place and i love it so far, huge wealth of knowledge. anyways off to the question....

so i stopped by a ski/snowboard sale by my work and they had some 2010 capita stairmaster's for sale at 10% off. me being a huge impulse shopper, i went ahead and got their 156W. took it up the the mountain yesterday but couldnt really test it out much. the conditions were just horrible and the park wasnt even open yet. i think this board has just the right amount of softness to suit my needs, but i have a gut feeling i got the wrong size.

this season ill mainly be hitting up the park for jibbing and progressing on some booters(not a huge jumps guy right now). im heading down to hood in a couple weeks so id like to get my mind set on a board for the season.

brief body description:

-5'11"
-150lbs
-size 11.5 boots

ive always rode a 155 and up, but i feel that im gonna need a smaller board for mainly park use, plus this is the first year ill be mostly in the park. do you guys think a 152W would better suit me needs? now i will be roaming out of the park occasionally, but i have another board that i like for freeriding.

i think im just confused at this point/mindfucked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt H View Post
hey guys, just came upon this place and i love it so far, huge wealth of knowledge. anyways off to the question....

so i stopped by a ski/snowboard sale by my work and they had some 2010 capita stairmaster's for sale at 10% off. me being a huge impulse shopper, i went ahead and got their 156W. took it up the the mountain yesterday but couldnt really test it out much. the conditions were just horrible and the park wasnt even open yet. i think this board has just the right amount of softness to suit my needs, but i have a gut feeling i got the wrong size.

this season ill mainly be hitting up the park for jibbing and progressing on some booters(not a huge jumps guy right now). im heading down to hood in a couple weeks so id like to get my mind set on a board for the season.

brief body description:

-5'11"
-150lbs
-size 11.5 boots

ive always rode a 155 and up, but i feel that im gonna need a smaller board for mainly park use, plus this is the first year ill be mostly in the park. do you guys think a 152W would better suit me needs? now i will be roaming out of the park occasionally, but i have another board that i like for freeriding.

i think im just confused at this point/mindfucked.
well you will def get a chance to check out this board on Hood, the parks are rockin right now

I think you could have went a little smaller but its all personal pref. It it feels to big for you, its too big.

Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
alasdairm

what about the way it rides makes you think it's the wrong size? like the guy above says, if it just feels too big, it's too big.

alasdair
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM
matt H

not so much about the way it rides cuz i havent had a chance to really ride it. but just talking with a couple of my friends who are way more legit in the park than me and reading reviews have made me think that a shorter board would be a better benifit.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:47 PM
matt H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
well you will def get a chance to check out this board on Hood, the parks are rockin right now

I think you could have went a little smaller but its all personal pref. It it feels to big for you, its too big.
glad to hear, im already hella stoked to head down there.

but ya, all day yesterday i was thinking this is just a little too long...maybe it really is...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 PM
alasdairm

there's no real way you can know until you actually ride the board...

alasdair
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
there's no real way you can know until you actually ride the board...

alasdair
agreed. Shred it in a couple of weeks then come back and we shall discuss

Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:59 PM
matt H

haha ya that couldnt be more true. ill get back to you guys thursday, ill be hitting up the park then.

cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode