Did i buy the wrong size park board?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
matt H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Did i buy the wrong size park board??

hey guys, just came upon this place and i love it so far, huge wealth of knowledge. anyways off to the question....

so i stopped by a ski/snowboard sale by my work and they had some 2010 capita stairmaster's for sale at 10% off. me being a huge impulse shopper, i went ahead and got their 156W. took it up the the mountain yesterday but couldnt really test it out much. the conditions were just horrible and the park wasnt even open yet. i think this board has just the right amount of softness to suit my needs, but i have a gut feeling i got the wrong size.

this season ill mainly be hitting up the park for jibbing and progressing on some booters(not a huge jumps guy right now). im heading down to hood in a couple weeks so id like to get my mind set on a board for the season.

brief body description:

-5'11"
-150lbs
-size 11.5 boots

ive always rode a 155 and up, but i feel that im gonna need a smaller board for mainly park use, plus this is the first year ill be mostly in the park. do you guys think a 152W would better suit me needs? now i will be roaming out of the park occasionally, but i have another board that i like for freeriding.

i think im just confused at this point/mindfucked.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ATOTony76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mt. HOOD
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt H View Post
hey guys, just came upon this place and i love it so far, huge wealth of knowledge. anyways off to the question....

so i stopped by a ski/snowboard sale by my work and they had some 2010 capita stairmaster's for sale at 10% off. me being a huge impulse shopper, i went ahead and got their 156W. took it up the the mountain yesterday but couldnt really test it out much. the conditions were just horrible and the park wasnt even open yet. i think this board has just the right amount of softness to suit my needs, but i have a gut feeling i got the wrong size.

this season ill mainly be hitting up the park for jibbing and progressing on some booters(not a huge jumps guy right now). im heading down to hood in a couple weeks so id like to get my mind set on a board for the season.

brief body description:

-5'11"
-150lbs
-size 11.5 boots

ive always rode a 155 and up, but i feel that im gonna need a smaller board for mainly park use, plus this is the first year ill be mostly in the park. do you guys think a 152W would better suit me needs? now i will be roaming out of the park occasionally, but i have another board that i like for freeriding.

i think im just confused at this point/mindfucked.
well you will def get a chance to check out this board on Hood, the parks are rockin right now

I think you could have went a little smaller but its all personal pref. It it feels to big for you, its too big.
__________________
Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
alasdairm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

what about the way it rides makes you think it's the wrong size? like the guy above says, if it just feels too big, it's too big.

alasdair
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
matt H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

not so much about the way it rides cuz i havent had a chance to really ride it. but just talking with a couple of my friends who are way more legit in the park than me and reading reviews have made me think that a shorter board would be a better benifit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
matt H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
well you will def get a chance to check out this board on Hood, the parks are rockin right now

I think you could have went a little smaller but its all personal pref. It it feels to big for you, its too big.
glad to hear, im already hella stoked to head down there.


but ya, all day yesterday i was thinking this is just a little too long...maybe it really is...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
alasdairm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

there's no real way you can know until you actually ride the board...

alasdair
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ATOTony76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mt. HOOD
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
there's no real way you can know until you actually ride the board...

alasdair
agreed. Shred it in a couple of weeks then come back and we shall discuss
__________________
Union Danny Kass signature model
Lib Tech Skate Banana
K2 Darko Boots
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
matt H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

haha ya that couldnt be more true. ill get back to you guys thursday, ill be hitting up the park then.


cheers
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums