Decided on board...but bindings and boots? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
prats

Default Decided on board...but bindings and boots?

Hi,

Thanks to all those you helped me decide on the board. I am going to get the Rome Anthem 162. Got a coupon from a website that is going to give me 10% off...plus no sales tax, so it sounds like the best deal I can find.

My next question is regarding the bindings...i hear that there are sometimes compatibility issues with boards and bindings (is this restricted to burton?). What do y'all recommend for the rome anthem? Also, I know i need to try boots on before buying, so i am not going to buy those from the website. But do I need to wait on the bindings till i buy the boots?
What size bindings do i need?

Info regarding me that may help provide recommendations...I'm an intermediate level boarder, primarily ride the trails...havent been to the park yet..but would like to learn some tricks and to hit some jumps this season. I'm 5'7' and weigh 210lbs. Shoe size is between 9-10 depending on fit.

Thanks.

Prateek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You'll only have problems with bindings if you have a Burton Board, which you don't.

There used to be some issues with boots fitting Flow bindings. That is pretty much all gone now. Your boots should work with whatever binding you go with. So I wouldn't worry about it. Go try on a bunch of boots and get the pair that fits you best. Get your bindings before or after you do this.

In no particular order I have found the Rome 390's, Union Force, Flow NXT's & Team bindings to be the ones I have liked the most. I have a pair of Salomon relays I am mounting on my resort board this year. Not sure about them. I have heard both positive and negative reviews. I haven't had a chance to ride 'em yet, so no opinion there.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
prats

Thanks. I think i'll buy the bindings with the board then and save some cash, since i have a 10% coupon. the boots will just have to wait till i get to a good store...there arent too any in TX!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

You might wanna check out the Targa if you buy a Rome binding. They may work out a little better for the style of riding you are looking to do.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
prats

Yea...i'm debating between the Targa and the 390's. I think i read somewhere on this board that the Targa is a little stiffer...honestly, i think i may need something a little more forgiving for now. I can link turns comfortably on blues, but still manage to catch an edge every now and then. plus the 390's are cheaper...do you think the the Targa's will be worth the extra $$$?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Targas will be worth the extra $ next season when you're better than this season... the biggest difference is a slightly stiffer high-back, many more adjustability options, I believe the ankle strap is a bit better and they're a tad lighter than the 390's. Are they worth the extra $ yes, if you have it. If not then the 390 is an awesome binding.

Only thing I'd put out there in terms of boot binding matching is that I have Ride SPi bindings and Ride Bindings in general tend to run a little narrower than other brands and I couldn't get away with Burton or Vans boots in them so just keep that in mind when looking. I love Ride bindings but am either going with Rome Targa's or Union Data/Force's sometime this season...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote