new board, bindings, or both - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
brian89gp

Default new board, bindings, or both

I currently have a Burton Fluid 64 freeride board and similarly old bindings. Problem is, while the bindings work they hurt after half a day. The only thing I have against the board is how ugly it is, otherwise I like it quite a bit. I have ridden on various rentals (mainly Burton) and all of them were not stiff enough. For now at least I stay out of terrain parks and mainly just carve.

If I were to replace the bindings with newer ones that don't kill my feet, what is a good model? I was eyeing the Burton Custom's and maybe the P1's. Is it worth it to put new bindings on a new board? If I were to get a new board, what are some good candidates?

Thanks
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

What part of your feet hurt? It might be your boots as well.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
brian89gp

Guess I forgot that part. I have to tighten the top strap quite a Bit to keep me heel from lifting and the toe strap to minimize side to side movement. Same boots on a different board are fine. Perhaps bad or wrong size bindings?

My feet hurt where the straps are.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Get yourself some good bindings with shaped straps. Is your heel lifting in the boot or is your boot lifting in the binding? My first bindings were Agency 32-11c's and they didn't have shaped straps. They put a tremendous pressure point on the top of my foot but when I switched to Ride SPIs the pain went away and joy and love poured all over my feet. I'd start with bindings, the board won't make your feet hurt.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
brian89gp

Amazingly, the boots fit perfectly. No foot movement or pain from them. The boot actually lifts out and shifts around in the binding. Every once in a while when I bite it particularly hard my boot will be pulled part way out of the binding (heel usually about 2" up) and then sticks. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating and painful.

I was only asking about the board to see if it is worth putting $100+ worth of bindings onto an older board when realistically if I ever get another board it will probably not be a Burton