Lookin for a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
KROMR1

Default Lookin for a new board

I just started last season and am looking to purchase a new setup for this year, hoping everyone could give me some advice and point me in the right direction. Iím 5'11"; 175lbs size 10.5 boots (Burton Hail). I enjoy the parks and would probably spend most of my time there this year but also like to explore the whole mountain (or snow covered land fills around here). I made a couple trips to bigger places north and out west and hope to try to again this year so I guess I'm looking for something geared more toward the park but could get me around the whole mountain. The setup I rode last year was a Burton Canyon (161 I think) and Freestyle bindings that I borrowed then bought from a friend. I donít really have a price range in mind but plan to use whatever I get for awhile so I would prefer to spend the extra $ to get something good. Any information regarding sizes, boards and bindings (if the freestyle's I have arenít up to par) would be very much appreciated, Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf
A very good board for what you want to do is the Atomic Hatchet. It slays the park yet rides the whole mountain well. Rome Anthem is another good option that I know about.
For east coast riding, then Anthem is a bit of overkill. The Agent would fit the bill better.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
KROMR1

What size range should i be looking in?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neusch11

151 is probably the smallest you want...I am 5'11" and 190 and I ride a 155...the 161 you are/were riding is a bit much i think for your size. I love the feel of my 155.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
KROMR1

So if done some shopping and I think the Agent is the board I'm going to go with. A shop near me has an 07' 158 or i could get an 08' in a 156 for $100.00 more. Are the 08's worth the extra $ or is the 07' too big for me anyway?