Board Protection.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Protection..

Hello everyone,Im wondering if anyone here knows of a way to protect the top (not the base) of the board maybe some home remedy or something.The reason im asking is that I got a new board for the 2008 season went riding last weekend and some idiot skier bashed his damn skis into my board, (sratching it pretty nasty).My firts intention was to run him down the slope and beat the crap out of him,but didnt want to spend the rest of my season locked up...So if anyone knows anything on protecting the top half buffing etc.That would be great thanks.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
yso

nope. it's just a basic fact, it WILL happen. it's a shitty feeling when it does happen but you just have to get over it. it's a snowboard, it's meant to be ridden and dinged up and all the good stuff that comes along with it.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

You will have to get used to it. I remember the first board I had that I picked and bought for myself (M3 Dicord, the topsheet on them seem to get fawked REAL easy) got dinged up really quick and easily. The edges stayed in, the layers didn't separate, and the board taught me how to ride (too big for me lol). Now I look at those scratches as well earned battle wounds.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
bearbandit

I worked at a rental shop for several years. We would cover the entire top sheet with this clear film. That stuff worked. It scratched too but most never went through to the top sheet. When removed at the end of the season the top sheet looked brand new. A can't remember the brand name. I just googled "snowboard top sheet protector" and haven't found anything yet but there is a product out there.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
yso

^^^you should be able to pick up a clear vinyl like that from any sign shop. they could probably cut it to shape for you too. but you're better off just buying it the length of your board and cutting the shape yourself. but it would be a waste of money IMO.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Carbine

I do know they make a clear cover for cars. It protects your paint from bugs, and small debris. I think this could help. I will find out what its called.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Carbine

Here it is. Invisible Patterns

Protection Film. Could you put a slice of that stuff on there?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
iNSANiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf
yep, it happens and you have to just shrug it off.......or find out what the guy drives and key his car in the parking lot........just kidding!
Snowolf ftw!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

The first of many battle scars. My favorite is the ski pole gauge across the top sheet.

Last edited by Grimdog; 12-01-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote