Just bought a 2010 NS SL-R 155 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just bought a 2010 NS SL-R 155

I am 5.9 and 190 lbs, beginner level boarder. I am thinking this is just about the right size to start out on and have some fun. I have been boarding only 3 other trips before. Last year I rode a GNU Rider's choice MTX in a 154.5. So it can only get better from here right? I ride mostly groomers with some park thrown in.

Calm my nerves and tell me that I am not too heavy for this 155 and that it will treat me well for the next 3 years. So that I do not have to go through the trouble of locating a 158. I got the 155 Brand new for $300, so I couldn't pass the deal up.

I also just picked up some Flow Teams from Sierra at that ridiculous price. I rode Flow NXT-AT's last season, I still own them, but I gotta ride the Teams this year. Just hoping I do not have any issues with the Double-sided screws, that have supposedly been fixed...

Last year I realized on day 3, ( yes I am a complete N00b!) that I had mad heel lift. I could not ride toe side for the life of me. So I have placed some SHL-pads in my boots, and I will also place a foot bed in there as well. I have no heel lift at this moment.
So guys, take head of all the warnings, and do not buy your boots online without trying them on in a store first! I live about 500 miles away from the closest ski resort, so there is not a huge selection of boarding gear available for me sample before I buy, but I will never make this mistake again! Oh and the boots in case any1 was wondering are Salomon Brigade 2009's, apparently designed for people with cankles?

Last edited by matttehman; 12-08-2009 at 10:13 AM.
matttehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ill trade you my 158 for your 155. Brand new stickers still on it
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

lol, stickers still on it huh?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...-using-42.html
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Augie09

you should trade
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

@ cubllsu8338 : Wow I thought you were joking! I will def consider trading you, but keep in mind, the board is on its way to me right now. I have been told it is brand spanking new, so I assume stickers on as well.

As soon as I get it I will inspect it and let you know! It has the green base as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

155 for 190 too small??????

They need to make boards for people who arent freaking anerexic and still want a smaller board.

Cause lets face it, its easier for them to make a new board then for me to lose weight.

AND! N.S. Really needs to get on a weight chart. Cause its hard to believe randoms on the net(though i know ALOT of you know ur stuff)

It's help clear alot of confusion.

Last edited by little devil; 12-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.
little devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

I am like 180-190 when I am heavy and around 170 in good shape, about 185 right now. I have rode the SL-R in both 155 and 158 and I would personally prefer the 155. It depends on what riding you do more etc. Honestly riding both there was not to much of a difference. The biggest different I noticed was on the 155 with a 23" stance the rear binding was right on the carbon v's. This made the board feel very snappy, poppy etc. In the 158 had a little more breathing room and did feel a tad softer in the tail. I have a 158 Evo-R which there inserts are centered on and also prefer the 155 in this board for me. I wouldn't sweat the weight issue though. If you wanna go 158 go 158 but the 155 would be fine for everything too!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thnx for the informative first-hand reply Fluid! It really helps to hear it stright from some1 with experience. I just noticed that the 155 and 158 sl-r's have identical sidecuts, so that would lead me to believe they would ride very similar.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have a 155 evo and the 158 sl. I must have clicked the wrong size for the slr because I wanted to see which of the two I liked more at 155. Oh well, I'll probably just buy the 155 and sell the 58 on here

Thanks fluid for giving us what you felt between those two sizes. Definitely makes me want the 55 more now as I am exactly the same weight wise as you