Christmas came Early!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Christmas came Early....Premier F1-R!!!

little gift to myself.....Never Summer Premier F1-r!!! couldn't be more excited to ride this board. demoed a premier last year but wanted to wait until R.C. tech. and after all the awesome reviews thus far it seems like i made the right choice. I've been riding for 14 years and this is my first time buying a "new to the season" board. i would always buy at the end of the season, but i knew this never summer board wouldn't last that long. i had a hard enough time tracking a 159 down in new hampshire, but found the last one EMS had in stock in new england. took the hour long drive to portsmouth and came home with the board and an extra 100 bucks in my pocket!! get to the register and he asks me if i want to save 20%....sure. hell i'll sign up for a credit card to save a hundred bucks. turns out all i had to do was subscribe to their e-mail list. super stoked to ride this board. hopefully i'll be able to get out there tomorrow for its first run through. review will follow.

Last edited by Ghost_Rider_X; 12-08-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Ghost_Rider_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

gave the board a run through today. not many trails were open, but experienced 10" of fresh stuff and the snow was still falling. this board rips!!! it flexes enough to still be a playful (for a freeride board) and very maneuverable, and forgiving with the RC tech. when i really wanted to step on the gas and push some speed the board is very smooth and damp. no edge chatter, absorbs vibrations really well and inspires confidence in my riding. coming from a traditional camber board, i was worried about losing some pop, but that wasn't the case at all. quick edge-to-edge and came out of turns with lots of power. i've heard the vario-grip works well on the ice, but i can't say much for that just yet...time will tell.

only flaw was it felt a little catchy on the hard packed straights. i can almost guarantee this is because i didn't have a chance to tune/detune the edges. i'm running it straight out of the box with a 0 degree base 0 degree side bevel. once i go to my standard 1 degree base 2 degree side and detune the edges, it should ride even better. i'll keep everybody informed.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nice review!!

Did you find it a little goofy going to rocker?
Jay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay29 View Post
Nice review!!

Did you find it a little goofy going to rocker?
i was lucky enough to be riding in a good amount of fresh snow and the r.c. tech felt very natural. floated well and very fluid edge-to-edge. coming off 14 years of riding camber i have a feeling the rocker may take some getting used to on the packed stuff, but time will tell. i'm heading out tomorrow, weather permitting, and will continue this review.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

you are lucky, usually EMS sales do not include snowboards, boots, bidings, etc. They might have been doing something different, but chances are the register guy messed up. Either way, good deal for you, enjoy!
jr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr05 View Post
you are lucky, usually EMS sales do not include snowboards, boots, bidings, etc. They might have been doing something different, but chances are the register guy messed up. Either way, good deal for you, enjoy!
i know!! i always get their 20% of one item e-mail, but it never includes snowboard equipment. my first thought was that it was a mistake, but it was the department manager ringing me up. he said it was a one day only deal. i should say that i also had to give them my facebook name so they could add me to their store page. for a 100 bucks off i would have done a lot more.

in other news i just finished setting the edge angles and detuning the tip and tail. should be a much smoother ride come tomorrow.