Deciding on a board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maynard24

Default Deciding on a board!

I'm an intermediate rider and on the east side so i we got alot of ice on our mounatains! I'm 5,9 145lbs and looking at getting a salomon ace and wondering if it's a good board. OR!! if ya'll know of any other boards you think would be good would be helpful....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

asa fellow east coast rider i have to recommend a gnu or lib tech board with MTX. the MTX will help you a lot with ice and hard pack.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

If you want a list of good boards I could fill who knows how many lines giving suggestions, its just too broad of a question. Give us some specifics. What terrain do you ride most? park, all mountain, freeriding? Do you have a price limit? Do you ride switch at all? Hit rails and/or jumps? More info would be nice. And btw, if you want an mtx board get a rossignol, better build quality than lib tech.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
LindsaySnowhan

I have been shredding the east coast slopes for 15 years and for the past 3 years I have been riding a Hiedenfunker. Not that there is anything wrong with a lib tech board, they are also great. But for a smaller rider like you the Hiedenfunker handles much easier because of the ultimate durability. Shred factor on a 1-10 I'd give it a high 8!

No Day Like A Snow Day!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maynard24

I pretty much ride all mountain... maybe a few jumps here and there. Nothing big. i like just riding around without doing anything crazy yet. maybe in the future start getting into rails and big jumps but right now just riding all mountian.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
LindsaySnowhan

Since you pretty much just mountain ride and only hit a few jumps i would def. recommend the heavier more sturdy BigFoot by Hiedenfunker. It is perfect for riding and it has a nice smooth feel to it. If then you want to step it up i would go to the Hiedenfunker's ShredHead, which is lighter and better for rippin jumps and getting gnarly airtime. When you hit the pipe with a ShredHead it shows the rest of the riders that you mean business.

No Day Like A Snow Day!!!