board question for big footed heavy noob rider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
board question for big footed heavy noob rider

So I'm just getting started snowboarding this year but I pretty much hate renting anything. I want to get my own equipment and found a great deal on some very comfortable burton ozone boots so i'm set there. Now I just need board and bindings. It looks like the evogear site has some of the best prices in their closeout section so I'm hoping to get a comparison or suggestion on some of those boards. I'm 6'3" and about 250 pounds. Size 13 boot and I'm on the eastern side of things so man-made hardpack, icy snow is all I've got and I'll just be general all mountain riding, no tricks due to personal issues with gravity. Hopeing to spend under 300 for board and bindings which is made simpler with the deal50/deal100 at evogear.

Boards i'm considering are:
Forum Raider 160 or 163
Rossignol Scope FW 163
Ride Control 162 (local shop suggested this one, not sure about the non-wide)
Burton Mayhem 162 (I'm a little put off by the Burton specific hole pattern though)
K2 podium 164

Bindings i'm considering are
Flow the five
Ride RX
Ride Delta MVMNT
Ride NRC
Anything in the low 100s price range

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by wilsowe; 12-09-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode