Board Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Help

I'm looking to finally buy my own board. I've rented a handful of times and think that if I invest in my own board I won't regret which is where you guys come in. I've been researching a little bit but just need some reassurance. I'm 20 years old 6 foot 1 weigh 165lbs have a size 11 foot. I want to get an all mountain board. I'm thinking a 158cm board would be prime but I'm not too sure on which one to get. Personally I would say I'm still a beginner...I can link turns but still need work on carving. I would like a board that I could use for a couple of seasons. I was looking at the Burton King, Ride Fleetwood, and the Salomon Tempest. Also looking to buy bindings , from what I've read people love flow bindings. Overall I would like to spend under $600 for the board/bindings.
Please Help, much appreciated.
-Steve

I'm wondering if buying in a package like: 2008 FLOW MERC 156 Snowboard+Bindings+Boots NEW - (eBay item 150189669196 end time Dec-02-07 18:00:00 PST)
would be good or would it be better to buy seperate? I was planning on buying boots at a store so I can get a good fitting boot.

Last edited by Pilgrim; 12-01-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Don't buy your boots online....don't buy your boots online, unless you have tried them on in the store, and even then I still wouldn't do it. I had a pair of boots that was really painful for part of a season, just because they didn't fit my feet. Flow bindings don't seem to have a large following in my experience. I understand wanting a box with everything you need from the foot down showing up at your door but if the boots don't fit you won't be happy. Get a board binding combo and get your boots later.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hah yea I had to think of a unique username and what's better than the pilgrims ?
First off I just wanted to thank you for the replies. and yes I know about not buying boots online
ok I have another question if you don't mind. I've been looking into the Atomic cold smoke, I'm just not sure on the actual width of the board? Like I said earlier I have size 11 feet is that too wide for this board ?
-Steve

Oh and by the way I just picked up some of last years Rome Arsenal's for $99
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote