is a 147cm board fine? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
ride2121

Default is a 147cm board fine?

hey guys im 17 about 5'9 190 and i bought my board last year, its a 147cm 2007 ride kink. is this size fine? Im mostly on the terain park..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2121 View Post
hey guys im 17 about 5'9 190 and i bought my board last year, its a 147cm 2007 ride kink. is this size fine? Im mostly on the terain park..
I'd say don't get it as it's too short, but since you already own it, you can probably work with it. Don't expect to have much control at speed tho.

Since there's no delicate way to put this: I'm assuming by your height:weight ratio, you're either given to twinkies, are on steroids, or have an adamantium skeleton. This only makes it even more on the short side for you.

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2121 View Post
I'm about 5'9" and 180 and I ride a 155 kink for now. At 190, I think you are outside the ideal weight of a 147 especially with the kink being a noodle. You should be fine though, I would just take your weight into more consideration next time you buy a board.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am 6 feet and 180 lbs and ride a 147 ultrafear fk and its fine for me, but that's just my preference.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Generally one would ride a 147 if they are between the weight ranges of 125 and 155. However, with the current trend of having smaller boards to do primarily jibbing you will be ok (not good, not fine, just ok). It wont be able to hold an edge very well at speed and youre likely to break it if you take it off a big jump or press it too hard.
My recommendation would be to try and sell it on craigslist and grab yourself a bigger board of any flex. Somebody who weighs more than 180 would do best on a 154 as the minimum size.
Or you can lose some weight and you will be better off on the board. Id say that once you get to be about 170 lbs the board will perform better for you, and ideally if you could break 160 you'd be golden (so to speak).