Is a size 7 boot fine in a regular width board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is a size 7 boot fine in a regular width board?

Hey everyone,

So I have pretty damn small feet for my body. I'm 5 foot 9, weigh 160lbs but wear a size 7 boot. According to a chart I found online due to my foot being size 7 i should be riding on a narrow width board however every narrow width board that I have found online is <151 cm which does not at all suit my weight or height. Do you all think i'll be fine with a regular width board or am I basically fucked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 03:06 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
This thread will be worth a read - small footed support group http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ort-group.html

What type of board are you after, and for what type of riding? Ideally you'd be looking for something around 240mm waist, so don't be afraid of womens boards either.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

I'll be sure to check out that forum so thank you! But since you asked, I'm looking for a strong all mountain board that I can use to really charge down the mountain on. So overall something that is stable in powder and steeper runs but I do like to dabble around at the park occasionally.

Also both my feet are exactly 25 cm and I wear size 7 RIDE Anthems. I just had my board stolen so I'm in the market for a new board. My old board was a 2015 157cm Burton Process Off-Axis. Now being in the market again I really want to try to get myself the best board possible. So thanks in advanced for any advice you may have for me!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:05 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

For an all mountain board with a narrower waist I don't think you could do better than the Capita NAS without going the full custom route, which would at least double the cost. The 156 has a waist of 24.5 which will be a huge improvement for you over the 25.2 of your process. It's a mid-stiff full camber board with slight set back so should perform fairly similar to your process in powder, but it will charge and carve on piste far better. If powder performance is more important, a Ride Berzerker is another great option. 24.5 is still slightly big for your foot size, but it will feel much more nimble than the process and the bonus of small feet is very minimal overhang for eurocarving if that's your thing.

CAPiTA NAS Snowboard 2016 | evo
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Well damn, I just order the Capita NAS about an hour ago. Makes me feel a whole lot more confident that i did my research well.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:30 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Haha, great timing and great choice. Let us know how you get on with it! I actually really want to try a wide board to see if I lose much response for the improved carving performance, and know how it feels for you small footers!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

It has definitely inspired me to hit the gym and work on strengthening my legs. Ever since i got really into boarding (2 years ago) I also got really into squatting lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode