New here-- Quick Question bout a board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
integranator

Default New here-- Quick Question bout a board!

Hey guys, I'm recently getting back into snowboarding (college and life got in the way of my riding) so finally picking up some new gear. I recently found a great deal on a Forum LRG deck for a good deal, but he said someting about stress lines in the p-tex. Now, I haven't heard of stress lines before in a deck, this is new to me. Can anyone offer me some insight on how this might affect my ride, or longevity of the deck? Here's the AD. Just can't wait to get back into it!!!

08 Forum LRG 156cm Snowboard Made By Burton

AJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default .

The ad seems to be deleted by author. I would avoid buying any board with stress cracks... as those usualy lead to a delam, or a clean core break.

Not sure what your price range is, but there is some good deals at seirra snowboard . com

Snowboard, Snowboards, Burton Snowboards, Burton Bindings, Burton Boots, and snowboard reviews - Free Shipping - US Orders Over $100

You should be able to track down a good deals on some NEW discounted boards from last season.

Last edited by jaaxnikols; 12-18-2009 at 02:23 AM.
jaaxnikols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaxnikols View Post
The ad seems to be deleted by author. I would avoid buying any board with stress cracks... especially on a Forum or Burton board, as those usualy lead to a delam, or a clean core break.
That has nothing to do with it being forum or burton. I have boards from both of those companies, an 09 custom and an 06 destroyer both of which have no problems. Any board with stress cracks will break easier, but burton and forum boards are not weak boards.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
integranator

Update: I took a look at the board and couldn't see anything out of norm in the spots he thought, so I took it to my local shop and they confirmed that nothing was wrong and thought it was kept in really good shape! Now... on to bindings!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Progress

Craigslist is crap get off it. lol