Atomic Alibi or Hatchet - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
sjk

Default Atomic Alibi or Hatchet

So basically I've narrowed it down to the Atomic Alibi and Hatchet. At the moment I am a beginner to intermediate rider that basically only rides in the mountain. I would like to branch out into freestyle riding at some point as well though. Which board do you think would suit me better? From what I've read they both seem like pretty similar boards, so if someone could point out the differences to me that would be great. By the way, I would prefer a board that is concentrated more on freeriding than freestyle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have heard a lot more about the hatchet than the alibi, i have not ridden either, but baseed on the atomic site the alibi is stiffer than the hatchet, making it a more freeride board than freestyle, but will be harder to learn/progress on.

If i were you i would expand my range of board companies, take a look at Rome boards, Capita, Neversummer, Bataleon, K2, Signal, etc... there are tons of great boards out there, and i think atomic is a little more expensive than avg if i'm not mistaken.

capita is by far the cheapest in cost, and they do not lack quality.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
sjk

I've looked at the other brands that you stated, and as far as price goes, the Atomic boards have been the cheapest. Keep in mind that I am looking at last years boards, and most 09 boards are out of stock. If the Alibi is slightly stiffer, I might be leaning towards it over the Hatchet. Do you think I will be able to ride in the park sufficiently with the Alibi?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
sjk

Any other opinions on these two boards?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i dont know if this helps or not but my friends first board is an atomic coldsmoke. he freakin loves that board. i read the hatchet is more of a park board, you will learn on it easier than a stiffer board and if you plan on using it in the park later on just go ahead and get that one. it should do fine on the groomers just as well.
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've got the atomic hatchet which after a seasons riding is still in good shape. It is definately more freestyle orientated and in reflection the alibi may have been better for as im more a freerider. I hear its pretty stiff so depends how forgiving you want it to be. As a fan of pro Johno Verity I know its the board he rides and it looks solid riding switch and doing natural hits.
I know im nowhere near that standard but its good to see the board ridden on videos
YouTube - johnoverity's Channel

As for an alibi review i read this which was good

A great value in all-purpose advanced snowboards. - Atomic Alibi Snowboard - Epinions.com

http://www.bukisa.com/people/G2309
G2309 is offline   Reply With Quote