Never Summer Titan TX as first board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer Titan TX as first board?

Is the Never Summer Titan TX 161 too much board for a beginner? I'm not interested in doing park, just all mountain/freeride and I want to find something that I can progress into and keep enjoying for a good long while. I'd rather not end up with a board that I'll be discarding in a year you know.

My stats are:
height: 6'3"
weight: 250
boot size: 13
riding style: complete beginner so general all mountain
riding terrain: ohio->either ice or slush, nothing I would consider great conditions

The board is at the way upper limit of my price range so if its totally worth it then I'll go for it. Otherwise I'll save my money and probably get something from Forum or Ride.

What do ya'll think?
wilsowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. It is one of the stiffest boards out there, you will probably have a pretty hard time learning on it.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dont know much about the titans but i do know that its a stiff board.

most guys might tell you that if your a noob, then u might kill yourself on that board and not realize the true potential of that boards abilities.... i agree

i would start off on an easier board so that way when u progress u can truly understand the craftsmanship of the titan.

but if u got your mind set on it, then pull the trigger and u will eventually progress
Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Titan TX will fit what you are interested in riding (freeride) but I'm afraid your riding skill (no disrespect intended) may not be conducive to that specific board. The reason I say that is that the board may be too stiff for you at beginner, which in turn may not allow you to progress at a steady pace. In addition if you are strictly freeriding you might want to consider going one size up, if staying with the Titan TX you will benefit from the extra length for freeriding and the extra waist width for your size 13's.

I'm not too experienced with Forum or Ride aside from demoing so I can't help you there, hopefully someone else will chime in and provide some helpful suggestions or alternatives for you. Just my two cents man, Never Summer makes excellent products, this season I'm riding Legacy R so IMO you can't go wrong. For what its worth maybe you consider something a tad lower price wise until you get the hang of it. Best of luck this season.

Two quick questions, have you ever snowboarded before? If so approximately how many times?
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Don't get a Titan TX if you're a beginner.

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Get a Legacy-R or even a Revolver-R

I bought a stiff freeride board when I was a beginner, biggest mistake I made. You will progress faster and have more fun on a freestyle board.

I've ditched Freeride boards for inbounds terrain. Freestyle boards are more fun, more versatile. and easier to control.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks everyone that's exactly what I needed to know. I just happened across a decent enough deal on one so figured it was worth asking. I literally just started snowboarding over the weekend so I appreciate the candid responses.

Thanks again!
wilsowe is offline   Reply With Quote