Thoughts on Slash Brainstorm? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Arrow Thoughts on Slash Brainstorm?

I'm looking for an all mountain board, this board intrigues me. It not only seems to be getting great reviews, but it's cheap as fuck. It doesn't seem to get as many mentions here as the Yes and NS all mountain boards. Is there a reason for that? Any final words on this before I pull the trigger?

Last edited by buckingham; 04-19-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
I've heard good things about Slash overall, though I find their boards super ugly (it's petty I know). There was a post recently about Slash having some quality control issues. This can happen with any company, and things like a bad batch of epoxy aren't even necessarily the companies fault. The important issue is how the company handles the situation.

With all that said. I have no first hand experience with Slash, but like the progressive stuff they do.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flex wise I thought it was 7/10, it was fresh out the wrapper, so could soften slightly after being broken in.

It's Diaz's deck...so if you're wanting to take your advanced freestyle to the backcountry/off piste, this is where it excels, being pushed, mach 10 and in powder.

Too much for me to be an all mountain deck. I ride a Capita DOA.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Demoed it out one day in pow conditions. Held up great On pow. Stomps through everything and plows through chunks. Nice edge hold too.

A little stiff to be used as a freestyle deck and there is a small setback in the stance but if your looking for something that will charge groomers as well as pow this would be a great choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode