Never Summer SL-R vs. Heritage-R - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
sf_to_tahoe

Default Never Summer SL-R vs. Heritage-R

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new board for the season and, after hearing nothing but great things about Never Summer, I'm trying to decide between the NS SL-R and Heritage-R. I've found a lot of good info about the SL-R and it sounds like everyone is pleased with the performance, but good information about the Heritage is harder to come by.

A little about me - I'm 5'7" 145 and currently ride a 156 Lib Tech Magnetraction I bought back in '06. Relatively happy with the board (carves hard but tends to get bogged down in the powder). I tend to ride hard and fast, and I like to carve hard vs. park stuff. Definitely want to try more park this year though. If you're familiar with Mammoth, I love the chutes at the top.

I am leaning toward the Heritage (155 probably), but I fear that it might be less agile and harder to maneuver than the SL-R.

Does anyone have any information on the Heritage, or if I should be so lucky, has anyone tried both boards and could share an opinion on them both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sick Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_to_tahoe View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new board for the season and, after hearing nothing but great things about Never Summer, I'm trying to decide between the NS SL-R and Heritage-R. I've found a lot of good info about the SL-R and it sounds like everyone is pleased with the performance, but good information about the Heritage is harder to come by.

A little about me - I'm 5'7" 145 and currently ride a 156 Lib Tech Magnetraction I bought back in '06. Relatively happy with the board (carves hard but tends to get bogged down in the powder). I tend to ride hard and fast, and I like to carve hard vs. park stuff. Definitely want to try more park this year though. If you're familiar with Mammoth, I love the chutes at the top.

I am leaning toward the Heritage (155 probably), but I fear that it might be less agile and harder to maneuver than the SL-R.

Does anyone have any information on the Heritage, or if I should be so lucky, has anyone tried both boards and could share an opinion on them both?
I considered a Heritage before and still am... Basically it's a more hardcore version of the SL-R with a stiffer flex and a deeper sidecut. A couple people have complained about the sidecut saying it feels strange, but then others have said they love the Heritage. Because of the stiffer flex, the Heritage will perform better at high speed and in more freeride situations. It should still be fine for some park riding, but maybe not the best for rails.

I actually decided between the Premier F1 and the Heritage and I went with the Premier F1. You may want to consider the Premier. A couple people told me that while it's supposed to be a freeride/big mountain board, it still is really playful and fun on jumps, boxes, etc. Once again, it's on rails where it will not perform as well though. Here is what one of the other members told me when I asked about it's freestyle potential:

"The Heritage is basically a beffed up SL with a wayy deeper side cut. I have rode it before and it just feels weird to me. I am a guy who normally rides a park deck everywhere keep in mind. With that in mind, I was able to press, ride switch, jump etc on the Premier F1-R with ease. It was not NEARLY a plank that the previous Premiers are. The core is the same flex as say the Heritage or SL but with MORE damping, and it works too! I wouldn't be to worried about it. You can ride switch easy on it. If you are however doing that much park I would consider a cheap park board for park days. Check out the Never Summer Circuit-r, Capita Horroscope/Ultrafear etc. You can get those all new for under 400 bucks! For a lab or 2 here or there and primarily jumps/jibs/boxes the F1 would be fine..it's just rails where it may buck you off and you probably wouldn't want to trash that nice ass base on rails anyway!"

I would check out this thread for reviews on all the NS boards: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...s-reviews.html

Good luck!