Did I Make an Alright Choice? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
hamburglar789

Default Did I Make an Alright Choice?

ok... so i'm 6'4" and about 205 pounds and i've been riding for about 10 years now. I have size 13 boots so my board options are basically limited to all the wide boards out there. About a month ago i decided on a Burton Custom X Wide 164 board. Do you guys think that that size of board is alright for me? I've kinda been stressin about whether or not I should have gone for the 168 just because of my size but as far as my riding style goes, i'd rather be in the park or going off kickers rather than just bombing the mountain. The board is just a couple inches beneath my chin, but I think that's about where it should be if it's gonna be spending most of it's time in the park and stuff. Was going with the 164 an ok decision? I really don't wanna be bummed out, the board was frickin expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Freebird34

sounds like a good choice to me man. definantly if you want to spend most of your time in the park. i wouldnt stress it at all.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you really don't want to be "bummed out" then you ask these questions BEFORE laying out big bucks. Afterwards - you just go with it. If you don't like it - sell it on eBay!

I bought an Arbor A-Frame once. BEAUTIFUL board! But incredibly unforgiving - caught an edge every time when riding on icy groomed. All of the research I did still didn't give me a clue on that. So I sold it. Lost about $100... better than loosing all of it. Although it would have made a great piece of art on the wall!
swmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm 6'3" 240 and I just switched to a 168 from a 165... size wise you made the right call
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
jru1

i weigh the same as you, but im a little taller, and im about to get a rome machine 157, its a great park board thats for big feet. since your ridig park, any bigger would have been a mistake, smaller may have even been better.