gnu riders choice vs burton twin vs libtech - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
reeve99

Default gnu riders choice vs burton twin vs libtech

So I have been riding burton custom for 3 years. Feel like I'm developing my style and preferences and ready for new gear. I was on my way to buy the burton twin board and ran into a shop that loved gnu and libtech. I honestly didnt know anything about the company but after spending some time in the shop; I really like the boards (without riding them though). Now I'm confused on what to buy. I like the gnu riders choice but not sure what the difference is between RC to burton twin. Through in the libtech banana board and I'm really confused.

Here's my riding: getting better at buttering. Love this; want a board with flex and pop as I love riding and ollie to switch and butter it back to regular; hitting small jumps; I'm in the park some but really not good enough to say I spend all my time in park. I'm all over the mountain but not neccessarily riding groomers; If I get on them I'm practicing tricks or sometimes ripping it.

My custom - feel like I slip alot on ice and board feels stiff. I see people buttering and spinning so easily and just dont feel like I'm there (board or me not sure). Dont feel like it has a lot of pop off jumps.

Any advice from someone that has ridden these boards? I dont live close to snow so can't demo...

Thanks
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Don't leave Never Summer off the list, do yourself a favour and check out an Evo-R

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

havent ridden any of the borads you are looking at but would suggest the lib tech skate banana for what you are looking for. the banana camber will make it easier to butter and the magnetraction will help you on ice.
never-summer has a similar technology with R.C. so you should loko at those too.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Steezydoesit

ive heard alot of great things about neversummer boards, but i have heard a few people say they dont hold up so well. Its all hearsay but definitely worth checking out.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezydoesit View Post
ive heard alot of great things about neversummer boards, but i have heard a few people say they dont hold up so well. Its all hearsay but definitely worth checking out.
Whoever told you NS boards don't hold up well is completely mistaken. My Evo-R has already taken a hard beating (in the 5 days I've been out riding this year I've had some nasty slams and have ridden on some bad stuff in the snow (sticks/rocks/etc)) and it looks BRAND NEW..plus they have the 3 year warranty that is AWESOME.

Check out Capita, too. I really like their boards as well.
ColinHoernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've owned several Riders Choice boards b/c they're awesome everywhere. I also rode the original Skate Banana for a full day. Both are soft enough to butter, although the SB is def softer. The RC is much better for all mountain though. Either one seems like it'll work for you. Since you already have a Custom, assuming you're keeping it, I think you're better off adding the Lib to your quiver.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
reeve99

Thanks 888.

Man its overwelming as there are so many awesome boards out there. Loved the graphics on the RC but to your point I'm keeping the custom so to have something softer to butter would be awesome.

Now to just find a deal on one. I might wait til after xmas. Going to France for 1st time 1/16 so can't wait to take some new gear with me

Any advice on bindings?
D
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Freerider91

be prepared to get a bunch of recommendations for union force. while they are not a bad choice, you could also look into ride spi or alpha, flux titian, rome 390, and maybe burton cartels. All would be good choices for the skate banana.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The other ones are fine, but the SPi is too stiff for the sb.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Freerider91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
The other ones are fine, but the SPi is too stiff for the sb.
I agree that the spi is much stiffer than the others I mentioned. I think the RX would be a smarter option over the spi. Idk what I was thinking. In any event, IMO rome 390, or flux titan would be the best options.

I wish I had the money to shell out for the SB, it will accompany your custom very well.