Buy a K2 DarkStar Test Pilot? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Metallica3491

Default Buy a K2 DarkStar Test Pilot?

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and I have a quick question. I have been snowboarding for a few years but never purchased a board because I was younger and still growing. I am now 18 and can go whenever I want so I am planning on buying a used board for the season and getting a new board over summer when they are cheaper. I found a K-2 darkstar and craigslist with boots and bindings for $200. Seems like a good price but the board says testpilot on it with a website under it saying testpilotgear.com. Was this board used at a shop for a demo or something? It just seems too good to be true so i figured I would ask you guys before i rushed into anything. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i dont know what to think about testpilot.com
snoeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

"test pilot" is printed onto the stomp pad, not the board

and no, you shouldn't buy the setup because it's old-ass clicker junk

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Metallica3491

What do you mean by old clicker junk?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
KrazyHok

he's talking about the bindings,
Dont buy boots online, go and try them on at a local store and see which one fits you best. Think there is a thread in the boots section that explains everything about how to buy the right boots and such.

Oh yah, If i was in your position i wouldnt buy it, buy used equipment locally so you can see for yourself in person before you buy it, that might not even be the real picture and the board could be crack and F-up you never know til you get the package. Spend your hard-earned money on something you can be sure of.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow, that must be one old K2 Darkstar! I would pass on this deal if I were you. For slightly more money, you can probably put together a much better set from last year's models.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Metallica3491

I agree, I would never buy a bored without seeing it but this person lives like 15 minutes away from me. I would look the bored over and try the boots on and everything. If everything checks out and the board is in decent shape shouldn't i get it? I just want ot use it for the season until summer when i can get a new board for cheap. $200 sounds like a good deal for a k2
Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
KrazyHok

i bought my 09 darkstar for 220bucks brand new, just look around some more for deals. Plus i would never buy used boots man
Old 12-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yea those bindings are pretty much out dated. you dont see too many step in's anymore. I would just wait it out for another board. Odds are it has some pretty good dings being a demo board. Also as mentioned before the boots are going to be fitted to someone else
boarder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Metallica3491

Yea i hate step ins. Any suggestions on a good board company that would be good to by used? Like i said it is just for a season to see how often I go cause in Arizona it can be difficult to find people to go with you hahaha. I just want to test the waters out here without dumping money into rentals.