Help me decide on a board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
shinta

Exclamation Help me decide on a board?

alright. im 19 years old. im not great at snowboarding i started last year but i live in TX so i can only go twice a year at least. but ive rented boards enough. im looking into owning my own boards. i figured that buying one now will be cheaper than buying once during spring which is when i leave to Keystone Colorado.

Height: 5' 8
Weight: 140
Shoe Size: 10
Boot Size: 9.5
Last boards size: 156
Ride style: want to be free style.

ok... so that makes that part up im looking for a cheap board that i can trash and get replaced. i want to learn some crazy stuff. so its probably going to get banged here and there if i miss a rail or something. but at the same time i want a board thats has medium flex.

i need to know what kind of bindings to buy

then boots ill figure out on my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neusch11

Atomic Like snow wolf said is a good beat the crap out of board....My first and still my jibbing board is a 5150 Vice. I have been jibbing with it for about a year and a half...and the thing wont die!..They are pretty ceap and really durable. I recomend NOT using 5150 bindings though.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusch11
Atomic Like snow wolf said is a good beat the crap out of board....My first and still my jibbing board is a 5150 Vice. I have been jibbing with it for about a year and a half...and the thing wont die!..They are pretty ceap and really durable. I recomend NOT using 5150 bindings though.
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the bindings...
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
prats

Hi,

Since you are from TX (like me), you probably dont have many options in terms of where to buy your gear from. I just bought a Rome Anthem and Targa bindings from Forum Snowboards, Flow Snowboard Bindings | DC & 32 Snowboard Boots | Rome Snowboards & Holden Jackets because they have a 10%, plus you dont have to pay sales tax. Try these codes - TBEM110, tb10mail1 (valid till Dec 15th). They;re authorized rome dealers...

Best of luck hitting the slopes often.