User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
shinta

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Exclamation Help me decide on a board?

alright. im 19 years old. im not great at snowboarding i started last year but i live in TX so i can only go twice a year at least. but ive rented boards enough. im looking into owning my own boards. i figured that buying one now will be cheaper than buying once during spring which is when i leave to Keystone Colorado.

Height: 5' 8
Weight: 140
Shoe Size: 10
Boot Size: 9.5
Last boards size: 156
Ride style: want to be free style.

ok... so that makes that part up im looking for a cheap board that i can trash and get replaced. i want to learn some crazy stuff. so its probably going to get banged here and there if i miss a rail or something. but at the same time i want a board thats has medium flex.

i need to know what kind of bindings to buy

then boots ill figure out on my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Neusch11

Atomic Like snow wolf said is a good beat the crap out of board....My first and still my jibbing board is a 5150 Vice. I have been jibbing with it for about a year and a half...and the thing wont die!..They are pretty ceap and really durable. I recomend NOT using 5150 bindings though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 03:14 PM
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusch11
Atomic Like snow wolf said is a good beat the crap out of board....My first and still my jibbing board is a 5150 Vice. I have been jibbing with it for about a year and a half...and the thing wont die!..They are pretty ceap and really durable. I recomend NOT using 5150 bindings though.
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the bindings...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 AM
prats

Hi,

Since you are from TX (like me), you probably dont have many options in terms of where to buy your gear from. I just bought a Rome Anthem and Targa bindings from Forum Snowboards, Flow Snowboard Bindings | DC & 32 Snowboard Boots | Rome Snowboards & Holden Jackets because they have a 10%, plus you dont have to pay sales tax. Try these codes - TBEM110, tb10mail1 (valid till Dec 15th). They;re authorized rome dealers...

Best of luck hitting the slopes often.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode