User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 PM
moos420

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
ride vs lib-tech

Hi there I just wanted to get some opinions on these two brands.

I am looking at getting a new board I think im now an intermediate rider stating to do trick and land some of them. I have a ride Fleetwood and that is what I learned on. These are the boards I was looking at I donít mind spending the extra money, but only if it is really worth it.

Ride: society around $630
Machete (is it worth spending the extra$100 to get the society) around $500

Lib-tech: t.rice c2 around $650
Skunk ape around $670
Dark around $799

I am 163lbs and wear a size 11 boot.
I was looking at getting the 157, 158

All your opinion will be appreciated.

Moos420
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
i would definetly go with the machete or DH2 over a society since they both have rocker compared to the society
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moos420 View Post
Hi there I just wanted to get some opinions on these two brands.

I am looking at getting a new board I think im now an intermediate rider stating to do trick and land some of them. I have a ride Fleetwood and that is what I learned on. These are the boards I was looking at I donít mind spending the extra money, but only if it is really worth it.

Ride: society around $630
Machete (is it worth spending the extra$100 to get the society) around $500

Lib-tech: t.rice c2 around $650
Skunk ape around $670
Dark around $799

I am 163lbs and wear a size 11 boot.
I was looking at getting the 157, 158

All your opinion will be appreciated.

Moos420
i have the new skunk ape in a 157 with ride bindings. love both companies but lib>ride. and you should look around for better prices all those prices you posted are way high. dark series is $666 ape is 560 and i think the rice is 530 at most places
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You are paying too much for those boards. Here's our Lib Techs. The Trice C2 is over $100 cheaper than wherever you're getting those prices from.
Lib Tech Snowboards

GNU Stuff
GNU Snowboards

Ride Stuff (We sold out on Machete's)
Ride Snowboards

I like the Concept TMS and UL out of those Rides.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Definitely get that dark series. I have one and still love it after 4 seasons. The technology on that thing is insane. It would also be a good choice because of your foot size, your teetering on having to get a wide board and with the risers on the dark it will help that much more for heel and toe drag. It has the best pop I have ever experienced, and just rides so predictably and smooth, definetly the best all mountain board. I just cant say enough good stuff about that board.

@ those saying those prices are too expensive, those are Canadian prices. Maybe you can order them online for cheaper but that's the going rate for picking one up in a shop.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshy View Post
Definitely get that dark series. I have one and still love it after 4 seasons. The technology on that thing is insane. It would also be a good choice because of your foot size, your teetering on having to get a wide board and with the risers on the dark it will help that much more for heel and toe drag. It has the best pop I have ever experienced, and just rides so predictably and smooth, definetly the best all mountain board. I just cant say enough good stuff about that board.

@ those saying those prices are too expensive, those are Canadian prices. Maybe you can order them online for cheaper but that's the going rate for picking one up in a shop.
I see. It will definitely be cheaper at the shop in that case. International shipping is never fun. Unless you have a friend in the States

Reviews and David Z's rants

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode