why do people hate on burton??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
lifer315

Default why do people hate on burton???

just curious i know im a beginer and all but i just noticed a lot of people hating on burton products. i did a lot of looking and comparing and they seem to make pretty decent stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my buddy is a total burton whore. he spent most of the day working on his brand new burton custom bindings. the toe strap kept sliding off his toe and it took almost a half an hour to make an adjustment on it with their stupid 3 hole retarded to figure out disks. if you want something nice by burton you have to overpay for it. he loved his new burton custom board. not that there is anything wrong with it, its just not worth the money. their lower end products carry hefty price tags just to sport the name.
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer315 View Post
just curious i know im a beginer and all but i just noticed a lot of people hating on burton products. i did a lot of looking and comparing and they seem to make pretty decent stuff.
Overpriced and overhyped.

Their stuff isn't horrible, but on a scale of 1-10, everything is hyped and priced like it's 2-3 points higher than it really is. It's hard to blame them, they've created a market that will pay for the name. Knock $150 or so off their high-end stuff and the value equation starts to even out.

But it is hard not to shake one's head when some clone preaches the Burton gospel and yet can't name 2 other competitors. Like some beer league soccer player who'll argue that Nike makes the best cleats, but has never heard of Umbro. Or a weekend warrior camper loaded down with the latest in Coleman gear who's never heard of MSR or Sierra Designs.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
capitakid15

there is no reason a board needs to cost $1500 dollars
Old 12-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
the toe strap kept sliding off his toe and it took almost a half an hour to make an adjustment on it with their stupid 3 hole retarded to figure out disks. .
I used to have Burton bindings. It never took me 30 minutes to "make an adjustment on it with their stupid 3 hole retarded to figure out disks. Maybe the disks aren't the retarded part of the equation?
boardaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

burton makes fine boards, its just that they do alot of things to give people a bad taste in their mouth. for example, the 3 hole system, the inability to put other brands bindings on their channel, the fact that you can get better quality boards for cheaper.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardaddict View Post
I used to have Burton bindings. It never took me 30 minutes to "make an adjustment on it with their stupid 3 hole retarded to figure out disks. Maybe the disks aren't the retarded part of the equation?
i dunno, hes always had burton. i saw the disks, there are a million holes in them. why cant they just do 4 hole like everyone else?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Because it's fun
Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Haha its not like it could be better. How many cars do you see with a 3 lugnut design. If burton did a 5 hole setup, ok maybe we could possibly say it was a better idea.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
twinrider148

maybe because their new stuff sucks and is made as cheaply as possible while still raising the price.