Please help me find info on my "new" board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
SkullShank

Default Please help me find info on my "new" board

Hey everyone...just joined and posted up in the welcome forum...

i found this site on a google search to locate some details about a used board i bought lastnight.

i went to a small time hill yesterday in manchester NH, and rode the same old Hooger Mod with Sims lowbacks that i rode back in college. worked fine...had a great time. after sitting for 10 years, the board was in need of some serious TLC. i figured by the time i have it tuned, and slap some new bindings on there, i might as well look for a used board.

i went to my local reseller, and found a good fit. i hope.

the board is a rad-air daniel suppa 160. it came with bindings, and they wanted $60 for it. they also had a new pair of 09 burton boots (cant recall the model) for $40. and he threw in a leedom helmet...all out the door for $100.
at this point, ANYTHING is an upgrade for me. lol.

so when i got home, i hopped online hoping to find some details and specs on the board and of course, some prices to see if i got a decent deal.
i located ONE rad-air dealer in cali, and they seem hard to get ahold of.
based on the prices for rad-air boards i could find, both this years, and previous years...it seems i did ok on the price i got. my theory is that the reseller googled the board, like me, couldnt find a stitch of info on it, figured it was a POS, and slapped a price of $60 on it.

if ANYONE has ANY idea where i might find some info, or if you have one of these boards, i would love to know what year it's from and any other details. im not sure what kind of reputation rad-air has, but im hoping they are a good company seeing as they come from the land of the alps, and they are sold on exoticboards.com.

but really...i have NO idea about this board. please feed me if you can.

thanks all!

sorry for the long post...too much coffee i think.

*EDIT*
i can post pics up tonight when i get home.
the thing seems to be in great shape, though im a bit concerned about the waist. i might get a lot of overhang.

Last edited by SkullShank; 12-21-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
SkullShank

so first off...i can't read. lol.
it's not daniel suppa...it's daniel sappa. that got me a little bit more on google.
based on the previous years models, this one must have been before the 05/06 season, since i found the sappa 160s from more recent years.

here's a couple pics in case anyone cares lol.

sorry for bumping this topic. i'm just anxious to know what i've got on my hands.

thanks!
SkullShank
Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry, I don't know much on that board. You def should get that thing waxed man. The base looks super dry in the pic. After getting it waxed, go out and ride. You'll prob know more about it then, than anyone could describe in your post.
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
SkullShank

i agree...def needs a good waxing.
edges seem OK for now. we'll see.

thanks for replying. it's weird i cant find anything about this thing, but i guess it's just another board among millions.