new board question whats your opinion???? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
ess3489

Default new board question whats your opinion????

im from texas where we have absolutely NO snow so i have never bought a board. i have been going to colorado to snowboard every year for the past 10 years and fiigure now that i am 22 i done growing so why keep paying to rent a crappy board. so im looking for opinions for a new board. im 6'2 195lbs and have been snowboarding for awhile. no backflips or anything just mostly downhill and small jumps.

whats is yalls opinion on a great board for my skill level and size? i dont really want a beginner board since i can fly down everything even double blacks, but nothing to advanced since i only go 2-4 times a year so no flips or anything. whats yall opinion on size board and type or brand. also i wear a size 12-13 foot i think the past board i have rented were all wide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
KrazyHok

read this first man, It will help the rest of the forum folks help you out more if you can figure out which board you want.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ease-read.html
Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
ess3489

well what are a few goods brands of boards to start to look through.... ive only really heard of burton and i know there is better ones than them.... so can anyone give me a few top brands to start to look through
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never Summer Revolver in a 161

Park board that you can take anywhere on the mountain.

Stick Union Force or Rome 390 bindings on it and go have fun with a top of the line setup.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
KrazyHok

K2, Ride, Never Summer, GNU, Lib Tech and etc etc. there are alot those are a few. No Offense man but those Union Force bindings are overpriced for what it is Im sporting some k2 formulas which are cheaper and the latch system works better if i can find some union force bindings for maybe 130bucks i'd get them other than that i can spend my money on something better that isnt friggen overhyped

although the forces do look nice, i'd rather have something that works better than looks better