detune (no not a detune question) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default detune (no not a detune question)

I was going to buy a file/diamond stone and detune myself today, but the store I went to didn't have any in stock, but they offered to detune it for me.

I was watching, the shop worker started further back than I would have, like 3-5 inches? from the widest part of my board, 2-3 times.. maybe 4 lightly with a file. ?? they didn't even detune the whole nose/tail edge, just the side where it would contact the snow probably (ok i get the reason for this, but had i done it myself, I would have gone between the widest edges with a file at a 45 degree angle to round out the WHOLE nose/tail and then with a diamond stone just lightly rubbed past that widest point 1 inches or so towards my bindings)

I'm pretty new to cross under carving, carving in general, but I know the feel--> so maybe I was having an off day, but some BITE was lost, like as I press my ankles in, the board hooks and flings me, it felt dead today, but as usual --> i can be blaming the equpiment, not my technique, I tried the whole 5-ish hours, I was geting it to de camber and pop me to my next turn, but I was not getting the hookey fast turn response I wanted.

Did this person take too much off detuning? or is it me? can this be undone if too much was taken off?

I'm doubly wary as out of nowhere, the detune was "on the house", I'm going to lean on as a sign of good gesture, especially as it's towards the holidays, buttt I'm paranoid.
NoirX252 is offline   Reply With Quote