flippin out!! HELP!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
oceanslove

Unhappy flippin out!! HELP!!

I ordered the new Capita midnight from evogear.com last week and it was delivered today. The box didn't have a dent on it, but when i opened it up I was shocked that the wrapping over the nose was ripped. I quickly examed the board and found a 6inch jagged gouge in the base of the board about 1/2 cm deep!!! It's goes down to the graphics across part of it!! What's my best move?? Evogear is sold out of it now and I don't think i have time before i take off for Breck to ship it back to them and for it to get to me since it will be back ordered!!

should i contact capita directly since it has a warranty? or have evogear pay for the repair?? or try to make UPS claim the damage?? or just cross my fingers that evogear can have it replaced before my trip? should they pick up the bill to have it shipped back to them??
THANK A MILLION FOR ANY ADVICE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't attempt a "repair"

Contact evo tomorrow and tell them what's up.. They still have a 150, what size did you get?

Maybe you could work a deal and they can send you a space metal fantasy to replace the damaged midnight?

I was talking to Capita today and it's sounding like they're about sold out of everything at their warehouse. I don't know specifically about the Midnight, but you might get lucky.

I'm pretty much positive they will have a warranty midnight waiting for such situations. The warehouse usually keeps some stuff around for warranty issues. I would put you in touch with Kyle who handles the research, but his email box is full and my emails can't even get thru to him.

Best bet is to make some phone calls and see what the "big guys" tell you to do. Let them know about your trip coming also so they know it's urgent. However they should treat it as urgent anyways.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As Milo has said, call Evogear first and tell them the situation. They should take care of it as UPS will not given that the box was in perfect condition. Worse case, contact Capita.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
oceanslove

I noticed they had the 150 in stock. I got the 154, however. I suppose if it came down to it, the 150 wouldn't be the end of the world. I was just stoked thinking of the extra speed i thought i had coming my way this year...