my 1st board, bindings, and boots... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
gio28

Default my 1st board, bindings, and boots...

after renting the past few seasons i've decided to just buy my own board, bindings, and boots. i wanted to know what you guys think of the gear i bought.

the board i got was a Morrow Lithium (159). i hear they have a pretty bad rep but i couldnt find any reviews on it before i bought it...online. I only go up to the mountain about 5...maybe 6 times a year and i ride all mountain, so maybe it'll be ok for a few seasons.

the bindings i got are 5150 2000 bindings and the boots are Salomon Solaces.

If you could give me your opinions on what you've heard or experienced with any of these that'd be great.

also, im not a beginner so im assuming leaving my new boards edges nice and sharp will be great for carving...but idk...and im also not sure about getting the board hot waxed before i head up, since its new. I did get some all temp rub on wax to put on daily or carry with me on the slopes. lemme know what you guys think. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Morrow and the like arent known for "cutting edge" boards full of tech or anything, neither are 5150. Most people will say its crap, but it will still be as good or better(or atleast less beat up) than most rental gear at mountains and should suit you well for a very long time if your only getting up 5-6 times a year.

Salomon makes some good boots, boots are something that is up to individual fit. If they fit you snug and are comfy and keep your feet dry and warm they are good ...

For what its worth i started out with a similar setup, a LTD Peak and some Burton Mission(their cheapo bindings) and they worked well for me for a season and half before I got some extra cash to go wild with some bigger gear since i wanted to go a lot more often.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
gio28

ok cool. I don't plan on any park riding or anything so im sure just carving on the board will be fine for a few years till i get more experienced. I tried flexing the board and its does flex fairly easy which would scare me if I were doing anything to cause it to break, which i don't think carving will...? thanks for your input.

anyways, should i keep the edges tuned or not. and hot wax before 1st use? And if anybody else has any opinions on the board and bindings let me know...thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Progress

You won't break the board.. All that is basically crap, but you will at least learn on it. I would suggest not taking it into the park for sure though.

Have fun learning the most kick ass sport ever.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
gio28

lol at least i have something to learn on even if it is crap..which is fine by me since i wasn't too crazy to spend the extra money for my experience level and the amount of times I go up per season. I could always keep the boots if they still fit and get another board and bindings a few years from now.

i also think since the board company is price-point, getting the board hot waxed is a good idea before i head up to Tahoe. And i'll leave it up to the snowboard shop to determine if my edges will need tuning or detuning cause idk if they are that sharp.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
gio28

and yeah snowboarding is definitely the most kick ass sport ever!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

perfectly fine to learn on, you prob won't break a board first season, most people never break boards.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Progress

Yea, I mean I learned on a old K2 board (which was super flex, good pop too I was doing ground 3s with ease), and I don't even know what my bindings were.. Crappy things could have been 5150 I think they were some no name generic brand. My boots were some ugly grey things lol, I think they might have been Salomon.

That was like 6-7 years ago.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's fine to learn on, then when your better, you can step up to the higher end gear.

Fuck dude, I learned on a KEMPER 163 with neon pink SORRELs with lime green laces

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
m60g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by m60g View Post
Fuck dude, I learned on a KEMPER 163 with neon pink SORRELs with lime green laces
neon pink.. lime green laces.. stop it you are making me hard.