Is This Deal Worth It? Please Reply Asap!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Should I get the board?
Yes 2 11.11%
No 16 88.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
GuitarSkater

Arrow Is This Deal Worth It? Please Reply Asap!!

Hi, i want to start snowboarding, and am wondering if this deal is worth it. It's a Burton board, bindings, and boots, but it's a little damaged. Should i get this board or keep shopping for another one. Thanks.

Burton Balance 160.5 snowboard w/ bindings and boots - Toronto Sports Goods For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

the fourth picture shows the damage. So please reply fast, and tell me if this board is worth it to buy, and if i buy it, can you guys/girls please also tell me how to fix it, and how much it would cost, and what materials i need to fix it? Thanks.

GuitarSkater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rockr

It is a very old Burton board amd boots lloks like they have been worn out, but the bindings look like the are in decent condition. theding on the side might need to be aked to a repair shop. I myself would not use the boots, but rather sell them and buy a new pair once you have tried them on and see how they felt. But since you are a begginer this board could be perfect for you.
Good luck
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Board is crappy and so are the boots. By the way, buying used boots it not a good idea. They are broken in meaning they are shaped for the other person's foot and not yours. Up to you though. You gotta do what you gotta do to shred with affordability right?

I'd just save that $100 and find something else.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
KrazyHok

I say its not worth it. you probably wont be able to use the boots and the board might have internal damage you dont know about. If you cant see it in person and touch it, dont buy it. it'll be a waste of 100 dollars.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
GuitarSkater

so, would you guys buy it for $75.00? or is that also a bad deal?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
GuitarSkater

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyHok View Post
I say its not worth it. you probably wont be able to use the boots and the board might have internal damage you dont know about. If you cant see it in person and touch it, dont buy it. it'll be a waste of 100 dollars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Board is crappy and so are the boots. By the way, buying used boots it not a good idea. They are broken in meaning they are shaped for the other person's foot and not yours. Up to you though. You gotta do what you gotta do to shred with affordability right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockr View Post
It is a very old Burton board amd boots lloks like they have been worn out, but the bindings look like the are in decent condition. theding on the side might need to be aked to a repair shop. I myself would not use the boots, but rather sell them and buy a new pair once you have tried them on and see how they felt. But since you are a begginer this board could be perfect for you.
Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarSkater View Post
so would you guys buy the deal for $75.00, or is that also too high for this package?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
KrazyHok

dunno even 25 bucks is a waste of money for me if its not what i want, If you want it get it, if your not sure about buying it, dont buy simple as that.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My feeling is that its not worth it as a first deck unless you are ABSOLUTELY strapped for money and are trying to get in to the sport as cheap as possible.

It would be better for you to buy $60 boots and rent a board for $30 than to risk investing in a beat up board that you can't be sure is in good shape.

"Edges need to be cleaned up" = rust. Rust is no fun to sand/file off.

If you are going the used route, then you should be able to spend double what he's asking for a MUCH better set up for a new rider like yourself.
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Is that board even your size? Also, you can't know for sure if those boots will actually fit you. I say shop around somewhere else.
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
GuitarSkater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockr View Post
Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so would you guys buy the deal for $75.00, or is that also too high for this package?
Quote:
dunno even 25 bucks is a waste of money for me if its not what i want, If you want it get it, if your not sure about buying it, dont buy simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
My feeling is that its not worth it as a first deck unless you are ABSOLUTELY strapped for money and are trying to get in to the sport as cheap as possible.

It would be better for you to buy $60 boots and rent a board for $30 than to risk investing in a beat up board that you can't be sure is in good shape.

"Edges need to be cleaned up" = rust. Rust is no fun to sand/file off.

If you are going the used route, then you should be able to spend double what he's asking for a MUCH better set up for a new rider like yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKimshi View Post
Is that board even your size? Also, you can't know for sure if those boots will actually fit you. I say shop around somewhere else.
Are any of these deals better? If yes, which one from these two should i get, and how much should i offer?
Snowboard Sims 147cm/ Liquid 147cm/ Trip 149cm good condition - Toronto Sports Goods For Sale - Kijiji Toronto