Sierrascope or 09 SL-R/Evo? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tw123

Default Sierrascope or 09 SL-R/Evo?

Hi guys, I'm a begginner and I'm looking at picking up a board that I can ride the mountain with and also ride the park with. I was looking at Neversummer's Sl-R, Evo-R, and Circuit-R, and the Sierrascope. However, all those Neversummer boards are out of my price range (I would not like to spend more then $300) and so I was thinking of trying to find an unused 09 model of any of those which should be around 300. I've heard a lot of good things about the 2010 Sierrascope, and I can use the discount code on Sierrasnowboard.com to bring it down to 300$, but the graphic on it, to be 100% blunt, looks very bad. It'd be hard to find a new 09 model of any of those NS boards, so my question is should I just go with the Sierrascope with it's poor graphics (in my opinion) or search for those 09 models?

I'm also purchasing Burton Mission bindings, would these work fine with Nidecker Boots and any of those NS boards or the Sierrascope?

P.S. Some advice on what size I should be looking at would also be nice, I weigh about 140 pounds, I am 5 foot 11 inches tall, and my boot size is 10.5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

grahpics don't help you jib. Sierrascope FTW. take the $$$ you'd save and get some real (non-Burton) binders.

Get the 152, btw
Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

If NS boards are out of your price range go for sierrascope. Its upgraded horroscope. And pls dont choose board beacuse of graphic:X That 'sick' graphic its like signature of capita boards and ur not looking on it , ur riding it:P Like somebody said ...if u can see the graphic on your board ur doing it wrong:P
Zany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

sierrascope is my all time favorite board ( and I own an SL-R too ).... you may have trouble fnding older NS boards and if you do find one make sure you get the reverse camber ones as last year there was a mix of reverse and regular of each model. IMO Capitas FK tech gives a better ride than NS camber/rc blend but all thats just personal preference.. size wise the sierra is only offered in the 152 and 156 sizes .. im 6 foot and ride the 156 but at 140 maybe the 152 is more for you ... if you decide on the NS route id say the Evo(soft) or the Circuit(softest) would be a better choice the SLR is the stiffest of the three.

Last edited by burritosandsnow; 12-24-2009 at 04:41 PM.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
NorthEastBoarda

I love my sierrascope, that being said i wasnt huge on the graphics when i saw it online but when i got it i changed my mind. These graphics look soo sick. My base was also reversed so it was purple base with black letterscand i like it much better this way. I'm 6 foot 160 and ride the 156. You should get the 152
Old 12-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tw123

Sounds like Sierrascope is the way to go , thanks guys. And you're right, graphics really don't matter. I'd go for nicer bindings but my budget isn't really large so the cheap Burton Mission ones are the ones I'm probably going to have to stick with unfortunately :|. My only question now is will the Burton Mission bindings be compatible with the Sierrascope?

NorthEastBoarda and burritosandsnow, how much do you guys weigh?
Old 12-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im a big burly gym guy ... 215lbs 10% body fat
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
NorthEastBoarda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw123 View Post
Sounds like Sierrascope is the way to go , thanks guys. And you're right, graphics really don't matter. I'd go for nicer bindings but my budget isn't really large so the cheap Burton Mission ones are the ones I'm probably going to have to stick with unfortunately :|. My only question now is will the Burton Mission bindings be compatible with the Sierrascope?

NorthEastBoarda and burritosandsnow, how much do you guys weigh?
I weigh 160 give or take a couple
Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Babyspice7

I'm about the same as you but I'm about 155 and I rock a Revolver-R 156W as a all-moutain/park board... With that said its flexible but not noodly...and the Revolver-R is the same thing as the evo-r but just wide ...and for craps sake don't buy burton... get flux's or unions ))...than again thats my opinion
Old 12-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

NS SL-R will be on sale at Emage Christmas day for 25% off.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote