Prototype Board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Prototype Board...

I had been working in the bikeshop i work at for about 4 months before my boss mentioned that he used to be a sponsored boarder... I mean, i knew that he was good and all, but i never knew he was that good. While going through the inventory one day i found this sweeeett looking board with zero decals, a graphite base, and an offwhite top. I asked my boss what it was and he told me that at one point he was getting some boards made but the idea died out and that was one of the prototypes. I asked him if i could ride it, and he said sure and just let me keep it. I havent taken it out this season, but i got it all tuned up and ready to go. Was playing around with it on the carpet a bit... and holy hell its an amazing board. Nice and stiff, and i could manual it like its what it was meant to do. a bit on the big side for me, but it still feels way better then ALL of the boards we stock in the shop (we sell snowboards/skateboards as well as bikes, haha). ill get some pics up after this weekend when i hit the mountain. it has some serious pop to it too... with a nice ollie i was able to smack my head on the ceiling 3 feet up.

just thought id share a bit... ill be at the mountain this weekend and ill be posting about what the ride was like come monday.

Last edited by Rocan; 12-25-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Rocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
hwa

Who was he sponsored by?
hwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwa View Post
Who was he sponsored by?
i cant remember the others but i know that swix was one of them... they used to hook him up with craploads of fluorocarbon powder and other misc. awesome stuff. ill ask him next week who else he was sponsored by.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Lets see the pics.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm going to guess......... Palmer.

graphite base + sponsored by swix = gotta be BoarderX

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
I'm going to guess......... Palmer.

graphite base + sponsored by swix = gotta be BoarderX
nope... not palmer. The board is totally one off... he was planning on starting his own board company but he ran into some problems and the idea never took off. my bosses sponsorship really had nothing to do with the making of the board... the only thing it had to do with it was that he knew how a board should ride.

I'll get some pics up on christmas... or if i forget then ill get some when i get back from my trip this weekend.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

just got back from riding all weekend at hunter. Conditions were excellent in comparison to whats usually up there... had some powder on both days. saturday was foggy as shiot and you couldnt see more then 5 feet ahead of you. board felt great on both days on all the trails. holds an edge realll nice with a 1* base and an 88* side edge. doesnt butter as nice as i would have liked, and it IS pretty stiff, but it feels great in the air. i would get a foot of air of the tiniest little bumps and a nice kicker could throw me damn high. its like the board had some super mario bros. jumping ability. got a couple looks when people looked at the board and noticed that it had no flashy colors... and no decals. only trouble i had was that my feet were killing me first run down, which was a boot problem that i fixed, and the last run down (around 11.40 this morning) i was riding heelside down racers edge (double black diamond ftw) and got hooked into a crazy toeside carve with my nose pointing straight down the mountain. i freaked for a second and carved hard to the left, hit a patch of ice, slid onto my back and crushed my wrist before sliding 20 feet down the mountain. hurt like hell. got one more run in and decided the pain was too great to do another. wrist is pretty swollen right now, so im going to wrap it up, take some advil, and baby it all day today and tomorrow.... because tuesday im hittin up butternut vermont... w00t w00t.... this is a good week so far =D