all mtn wide - which board on a budget? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question NS Legacy-R or CAPiTA FCG ???

EDIT: just saw that I can get the '10 Legacy-R for $375 tomorrow. I could get the '09 CAPiTA FCG for $160 -- is the RC tech worth the extra cash?

I'm looking for a new all mountain board. I have a Burtom Dom 156 that I ride park with (day trips to big bear), but want a new board for everyday riding (mammoth). I'm coming from an older ('04 maybe?) Atomic Exeter and Ride EX bindings. Board was 160cm, waist 26.7. I will be riding this board mostly on groomers/steeps/trees with a few laps through the park too. To me there is a huge difference between my Atomic and Dom on groomers at speed (not just edge control, but flex), so I worry about getting an all mtn board that is too soft.
Me:

6' 190 lbs
size 12 boots

I have a set of Ride NRCs on the way, just looking for a good priced board now. Had my mind set on an Alibi 161W ($300), but started reading up on NS RC tech and looked into a Legacy-R (no '09s left, so too much $$). Also looked into an '09 Capita FCG, a little put off by the extruded base, though, but is only $189. Would like to keep it under $300.

Any and all thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited by surfstar; 12-25-2009 at 12:00 AM.
surfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

How about a Ride Antic

Save on Snowboards - Mens Snowboard Snowboarding Gear

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
m60g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

F-it. Went with the FCG 161 for $160 shipped from c3. I want to demo a rocker/camber NS board to see if I like the way it rides before I drop the coin on one. Still not convinced that they will handle my speed runs the way a regular cambered board will. Plus if I do like them, hopefully I can find a 50% off end of season sale and I'll have both boards for the regular price the Legacy would have set me back at.
surfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hope you enjoy the FCG. I've been looking for a wide board as well and just found the FCG today. It is an awesome deal, but the extruded base makes me wonder.

I have similar size and price requirements and also considering: a ride antic, k2 darkstar (not sure if it'll be good for all mountain), a burton mayhem and a nitro....
CornedBeef is offline   Reply With Quote