Which Burton ICS board for a newbie? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eurotrash

Default Which Burton ICS board for a newbie?

Evening all

Here's what happened...

I've been skiing for a while but am just getting into boarding so I'm putting together a 'package'.

My ex-instructor (snowboard) of a girlfriend advised me into some white Triad EST's that were a steal on ebay.

The prob is that I now need an Burton ICS board to go with them...

I didn't really want to go Burton as they are a little mainstream but as I'm stuck with it I want it to look good!

So kids, what do I buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

burton custom
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

dominant, condom, twin, hero. All will do fine for a beginner. Don't worry about burton being mainstream, that is the only reason people dont like them even though they make good stuff.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Eurotrash

Darn you boys are quick!

jeri534 - I liked the look of the custom but she vetoed my a*s pretty quick! Would I get away with it?

Snowboarding101 - Cheers fella, I'll have a look.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

I'm sure you could get away with a custom. It is not as though it is unrideable for a beginner, but a softer flexing board would be much easier for a beginner. I ride a custom and while it is a great do everything board, it is also not crazy forgiving. Another addition to the list I gave you, check out the fix.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eurotrash

What about the Un Inc?
Old 12-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
AU Alert

I started snowboarding around 5 years ago and I never owned my own board until this past year. I bought the Burton Hero and it was every bit worth the price that I paid for it. Overall great board with a nice feel and forgiving enough for a beginner to learn on, plus with the rocker shape it is great for the whole mountain and excels in every aspect. Definitely my favorite board, but we'll see what my new custom v-rocker that I got for x-mas today has to say about that.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

I recommend the Custom because you wont be a total noob for that long, a custom will be a nice board to grow into, you might learn fast and get good quickly and some of those softer boards may be too soft for you after a few days on the hill
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
What about the Un Inc?
The Un..inc would be fine, I just recommended some boards that were more on the cheap side (for burton that is) being that you are a beginner. But the Un..Inc is a nice board, along with all the other twin boards in the line up. If you are willing to spend a little more then look at the love, joystick, operator, or easy livin.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eurotrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarding101 View Post
The Un..inc would be fine, I just recommended some boards that were more on the cheap side (for burton that is) being that you are a beginner. But the Un..Inc is a nice board, along with all the other twin boards in the line up. If you are willing to spend a little more then look at the love, joystick, operator, or easy livin.
Cheers dude, I'm not trying to sound flash and that money is no option but I'd rather spend a bit more and get something that'll last a bit.

All input much appreciated!