Board Choice Dilemma... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
pakman134

Default Board Choice Dilemma...

Hey all,

Just have a quick question about my board choice. Just a little background, I'm 5'8" 145lbs, and have been mostly freeriding for the past 4 seasons(bowls/trees blacks/double blacks pretty much all over mountain). I have been riding a GNU Carbon High Beam 153 but I think its time for a new board. I would call myself an intermediate rider.

Here is my dilemma... I want to go with a little softer board to start getting into the jumps and the park. The problem is I really enjoy freeriding and so do most of my friends, so most the time I will probabaly end up in the bowls doing tree runs or sometimes just bombing down the mountain. In a sentence, I guess I want to freeride, but have the option to take it through the park every once in a while.

Would the Sierrascope FK 152 suffice for my needs? Or am I not going to be able to bomb down the mountain and keep up with my friends on this board?

I've been hearing both that it's great for the riding the mountain as well as its really a park oriented board and wouldn't hold up at higher speeds. If not, any other recommendations in the $300 price range? Trying to decide if I should cancel my order and order something else. Maybe its not time to give up on my GNU CHB?

Would appreciate if you guys could help me out. Let me know if you need more info Thanks ahead of time all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
pakman134

Hm.. Just in case others had the same question that I did, I'll post what I did...

From advice of others I decided to go with a longer Sierrascope FK, the 156. Most people told me its a great all around board and I guess the longer size should give me a little safety net for still being able to shred all over the place.