If the Sierrascope is so sick, whys it on sale? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Czechos

Default If the Sierrascope is so sick, whys it on sale?

So I recently purchased a NS SL-R and though I love the board for all mountain riding I feel a bit unsatisfied when it comes to its butterability. This in turn has lead me to do some research on other options including the EVO-R and the aclaimed sierrascope. Now has anyone ridden this thing? According to sierra snowboards its their number 1 reviewed board and everyone seems to love it. What i dont get then is why its on sale so early in the season...any ideas? Once again if you have ridden it I'd love to hear your take on how it performs. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
KrazyHok

not all the good things in this world are expensive sometimes the good things are regular price, Plus its good advertising to put a hot item on sale, which will bring more customers and most of the time people will buy other shit from them. Dont think too much about it just buy it since its on sale
Old 12-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

well, it's a board put out by capita and sierrasnowboard themselves. That's a reason it's on sale - i also remember reading that a staff member on their forums said that in most cases they aren't allowed to put 2010 boards on sale (was during black friday), but with in-house boards they can do what they want. Also the reviews are going to be inflated - sierra has a huuuge and loyal community and they push the reviews higher than it should be. A lot of times I read 5 star reviews on their in-house boards by people who haven't ridden the board or just tried it for a run. I've personally ridden my friend's sierrascope for a run. it feels stiff before you start riding it but I was impressed by how soft and buttery it felt. Way more so than my scaremaster.
sumo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you can't butter your SL-R you just need to practice more.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i just got my sierrascope and havent got to ride it yet. the reviews and the sale is what made me get it. hes right about buying other stuff. i ordered it with the standard free shipping and got it in 3 days from cali to KY. every since i have been lookin through their site to see if there is other stuff i want to buy. i really like their site, its really helpful. with so many people that love that board and it being cheaper than their cheapest board the stairmaster i felt pretty confident in buying it. if you use the coupon insidescope its 299.99
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Read what the guys from NeverSummer, Mervin, Burton and Rome have to say about the huge glut of inventory that has developed in the snowboard industry over the last 2 seasons.

Matching Supply With Demand: Never Summer’s Mike ‘Gags’ Gagliardi | Transworld Business

These guys know what they are talking about and they are right. Overproduction, bad economy, many shops failing are the reason for early sale pricing. This is a great opportunity for buyers and a great time to get new participants into the sport on exceptional gear for cheap.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechos View Post
According to sierra snowboards its their number 1 reviewed board and everyone seems to love it. !
I've never ridden it, but I'll say that you'd better take the ratings on Sierra with a grain of salt. Burton Motos are their top rated boot by review, for example.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Maybe the argument could be made that $500 isn't really an accurate price for that board to begin with?
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

some brands you don't pay for all the marketing (burton, lib tech, etc) and you get *Nothing Lebowski, nothing!* for the price. Flow boards are probably some of the highest perks for the lowest bucks around for all mountain. Capita the same for park.

JMHO.

Last edited by zakk; 12-28-2009 at 12:05 PM.
zakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Just look at the other 2 Sierra boards: the Sierra Crew and the Sierra Team. They are even cheaper. It's just Sierra getting their name out and having full control of the price point on the boards.
matttehman is offline   Reply With Quote