Rome Agent 156 too big for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
acturater

Default Rome Agent 156 too big for me?

I need some advice.

I bought the 156 Agent at a store thinking it was a 154, cause that's what the dude told me. I didn't notice the number 156 on the board until I was already on the slopes. I feel real boneheaded for not checking it before buying. Anyway I called them back and the dude tells me 156 should still be okay, but I feel like it's a bit too stiff for how I want to ride (mountain/park 50/50). I'm 140 lbs and 5'8".

On Rome's website the weight range for 154 is from 115 - 170lbs, and the range for 156 is 125 - 185 lbs. I know 2cm is not that great of a difference, but I know they make longer boards stiffer in general and feel I might end up overexerting myself to do what I could pull off more easily.

What do you guys think? Think it's worth a 20% restocking fee ~ $80 to switch from 156 to 154?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Freebird34

i'm 5'8" 160 and i ride a 152. i'm really biased towards shorter boards. I'd say if you can ride the 156 and it feels good then keep it man. but dont ride something you're going to dislike...nothing worse than spending lots of money on something you end up hating, like a bad girlfriend
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
acturater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird34
i'm 5'8" 160 and i ride a 152. i'm really biased towards shorter boards. I'd say if you can ride the 156 and it feels good then keep it man. but dont ride something you're going to dislike...nothing worse than spending lots of money on something you end up hating, like a bad girlfriend
How do you like the 152 for all-mountain if you do any of that? I think I'll be doing mountain/park 50/50 so I guess I need a compromise. I'm finding the 156 to definitely be too big in the park for butters and presses, but I don't want to get a 152 and sink in powder either...
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird34
nothing worse than spending lots of money on something you end up hating, like a bad girlfriend
ROFL. I don't think the 2 cm is gonna do much for ya. It'll be all that much better for the mountain, and it isn't really that big for park even. I ride a 156 and I'm 130 lbs 5'9" and it's not a problem for me at all to ride in the park...
Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

quit stressin'

just go ride!

and if you suck... then practice more, do not blame the board!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

that board isn't going to be butterific anyway, not what it's really designed for. you'll be fine on the 156, i'd save the $80 and put that toards a true jib deck for next season...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
acturater

What do you all think about the Rome Mod 154 then? It seems to have a little more flex than the Agent at the same time it doesn't seem to compromise mountain riding all that much.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

haven't had the chance to see one yet myself, the specs seem to indicate it's flex is somewhere between an artifact and an agent
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote