Burton Mayhem WOW - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
NorthCalStar

Default Burton Mayhem WOW

my 2nd time going snowboarding and 1st time with my new board. All I can say is wow this is what it feels to snowboard. I felt like i had full control of the board. Felt buttery and fast. All the reviews on this board dont give it justice. I know im a newbie and what do i know. The things is i didnt think i was going to have this much fun yes im a bit sore but just the fact my board help me have fun for the day and now im hook in the sport. I know i have a Burton and a lot of people here dont like them. I got my board new and it is last yr model 2009 Mayhem for $175 not bad i think for a $400 retail board. any one else have played with this board. I dont like to trash any brands out there each one has there on deal going and you never know what they can come out next. I feel Burton has a great board for the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Relyt23

I too got my Burton for CHEAP and could not be happier with it!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
NorthCalStar

Im so into this now im looking to maybe getting a Joystick, custom X, Sierrascoop fx,horrorscope fk, all seem to be very good, which one to pick so many choices?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Sierrascope is a sick deal right now, hard to argue with $299(Use coupon code "insidescope").

But I have heard good things about the Joystick as well.

Have you looked into Never Summer? I will just go ahead and recommend you do, as this board has alot of Never Summer love, but for good reason. They probably have the best all-mountain rocker design, but that is debatable.
matttehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

2nd time snowboarding and you are already trying to buy a second board?
sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you like your current board and are having fun with it I would stick with it for at least the rest of the season. If you are just learning to board and are only freeriding in resorts there really isn't that much of a difference between the boards.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCalStar View Post
Im so into this now im looking to maybe getting a Joystick, custom X, Sierrascoop fx,horrorscope fk, all seem to be very good, which one to pick so many choices?
The Custom X isn't for everybody and it's not a park board what so ever. It's the absolute shit on jump line (because it's made for kickers, backcountry, and pipe) however, there's no way you'll have fun on rails, trying to press it, or buttering. If you're not a jibber, than the CX is definitely the way to go. It's a fast aggressive weapon that is incredibly stable at high speeds. No chatter what so ever. I love mine. If you like fast, aggressive, hard-charging riding, floating over pow, and airing it out off kickers, get this board.

But for someone fairly new I do not recommend this board. It's got some great tech in it, but if you don't know how to use it, it'll wreck you. Not the best board for learning and progressing, I'd stick with your current board and tighten up your riding. There's still lots to learn

Last edited by Dano; 12-28-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
NorthCalStar

i know im not master of the snow and still a newb in all words. I will like to get a smaller board just to have and see what is the differnces. Im just liking going down the hill fast and going side to side. I know most of the boards i mentioned might be a bit to much but i will like to grow into them. Im a person that will not stop till i get it rt My current board is 164 mayhem. what is a good small size for me i was thinking 159. 6ft 200lbs size 11 boot?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
2nd time snowboarding and you are already trying to buy a second board?
Are you jealous? Just kidding.

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with a new snowboarder picking up a couple of boards. Especially if they are fast learners. The guy obviously has money to burn and he wants to spend it on a sport he loves. More power to him.

As for a suggestion, since the Mayhem is a normal camber, try out a board with reverse camber (rocker, banana, etc...). Always nice to have one of those in your quiver.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
NorthCalStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Are you jealous? Just kidding.

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with a new snowboarder picking up a couple of boards. Especially if they are fast learners. The guy obviously has money to burn and he wants to spend it on a sport he loves. More power to him.

As for a suggestion, since the Mayhem is a normal camber, try out a board with reverse camber (rocker, banana, etc...). Always nice to have one of those in your quiver.
yes yes this is what i need something differnt doesnt hert to have another board. just ask me how many golf clubs i have . I love sports and grew up playing all types of sports its all i know.