Lending my board to my sister - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonii

Default Lending my board to my sister

Lending your board to your sister for a week. Would u do that?

She asked me, and I noticed I find it difficult to give permission. Is that logical? Cause my parents are angry about it..

I'm just scared she is gonna brake it or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonii View Post
She asked me, and I noticed I find it difficult to give permission. Is that logical? Cause my parents are angry about it..
If your sister manages to break your board shredding, then you will have the most hardcore sister in the world!

I would lend it to her. Worst case scenario (besides losing it) is that she dings it up against some rocks or trees. Your parents are probably angry because they think snowboarding is dangerous, and that it entices people into socially unacceptable behavior.

Your board will probably be too long and stiff for her (unless she is your same size and weight), but she should still be able to manage it in powder or on easier blue groomed slopes. Ask her if you can borrow her purse for collateral, and see how she reacts, lol!
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yea if you really don't want her to use it, you can tell her that its probably unsafe because the board isn't her size, unless she is around the wame weight and riding style as you. But if you give it to her, I doubt anything that bad will happen as long as she knows what she is doing and it isn't one of her first times out.
MoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
If your sister manages to break your board shredding, then you will have the most hardcore sister in the world!

I would lend it to her. Worst case scenario (besides losing it) is that she dings it up against some rocks or trees. Your parents are probably angry because they think snowboarding is dangerous, and that it entices people into socially unacceptable behavior.

Your board will probably be too long and stiff for her (unless she is your same size and weight), but she should still be able to manage it in powder or on easier blue groomed slopes. Ask her if you can borrow her purse for collateral, and see how she reacts, lol!
Haha yeah I guess you're right..

My sister has snowboarded once before, so she won't be doing crazy tricks with the possibility to break it..

It just sucks :P I just bought it!!

No my parents are angry about the fact I didn't immediately said 'ok'..

And she does not have anything I want to borrow unfortunately :P Besides snowboarding, we don't have anything in common..

Oh and I'm sure she just wants to lend it to brag about it, cause its a pink board, she does not have the same size of feet so she wants to buy shoes (whats even more expensive then just lending a board from the local shop!)

Last edited by Bonii; 12-28-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The only problem would be if the board's too long for her. It would make it harder for her to turn and she won't effectively be able to control her speed. Somewhat of an issue for someone new to the sport. If the deck is the wrong size for her, she won't have any fun, and that would just create one more skiier. If this is the case she should rent and take a lesson.

If she is around your size then it's your duty as an older sister to turn her into a cool person.

Either way, the only damage I can see given her skill level is if she bumps boards with another person in the lift line, scratches the base on rocks, or smokes a tree. And any damage to the base can be fixed with a simple board tune-up

Last edited by Dano; 12-28-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hell no, I wouldn't lend a brand new board to anyone. I wouldn't lend my beat up board I've had forever either. Maybe if I had several boards, I'd lend out a mediocre one
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wait. What kind of board is it? That would have to factor in for sure.
VTRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sick Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonii View Post

Did you buy the board or did your parents cop it for ya? That makes a huge difference. If they bought it, of course they are going to mad at you for not sharing. But if you bought it with your own hard-earned money then you have a much better case.

I would tell her that unless she has enough cash to provide as collateral, that she's better off renting some gear so she doesn't get stuck with a huge debt...assuming she damages it.

The other alternative is asking her to hook you up with one of her friends...hehe. Damn, I hope your sister is your age or older...
Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One thing to keep in mind, if she borrows it once..expect her to borrow it again, and again, and again.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
boarderchic

I'm a little sister and I've mucked up quite a bit of my brother's stuff, so your hesitation is understandable. You'd be amazed at what we're capable of. I even misplaced his car once. Found it eventually though. At an impound lot. In Los Angeles.

::shrugs::

Last edited by boarderchic; 12-28-2009 at 09:17 PM.