Evo-R or SL-R for us Midwesterners?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Evo-R or SL-R for us Midwesterners??

Ok. Don't kill me if this question has been asked, but I am really trying to decide between the Evo-R and SL-R. I pretty much ride midwest groomers (short groomed runs), hit Lutsen once a year. I don't play in the park, but I enjoy hitting small to medium kickers, buttering, switch riding, and goofing off on the hill etc. I have been riding a 162cm 07 Burton Royale for 3 season (6' 195lbs, size 10 boot). I am looking for something playful, a little shorter than my Royale, but still has the ability to hold an edge on a "MidWest" black diamond. I am not set on NS, but I an intrigued about these two boards. Any information is appreciated. Sorry for a beat to death topic.

regards,
SnoRidr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 AM
WeRunDp

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
there is alot of reviews of these boards in the forum...but if you want my opinion i tok my evo-r out for the first time on sunday....i could have asked for more. I always boarding in the midwest and i seem like i will have a blast this season with it. its a perfect flex with alot of pop. as for top speeds i only hit 2 big runs but i was cruising the whole time and the edge held great. overall i loved it. i totally recommend it for for the typical park rat that likes to shred the pow at times.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRunDp View Post
i tok my evo-r out for the first time on sunday....i could have asked for more.
When you mean that "I could have asked for more..." are you saying the board is definitely a park board and not geared for bombing down hills? I appreciate the response, but I am not sure what you meant here.
Thanks,
SnoRidr
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 AM

I think he meant he "couldn't" have asked for more. The Evo-R is more playful then the SL-R so it just depends on what you want. Evo is a centered stance true twin and the SL is offset.

I think you need an Evo-R in a 158!!! \/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on Backcountry.com!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 AM

I used my EVO-R for the third time yesterday and i'm real happy with it.

I wonted a soft all mt board for just messing around and I was afraid the SL-R was going to be to stiff.

The first day I was riding on groomed, packed ice. I was so impressed with the way it held a edge on the ice and how easy it was to turn.

I'm 200 5'10'' and I ride a 158
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay29 View Post
I used my EVO-R for the third time yesterday and i'm real happy with it.

I wonted a soft all mt board for just messing around and I was afraid the SL-R was going to be to stiff.

The first day I was riding on groomed, packed ice. I was so impressed with the way it held a edge on the ice and how easy it was to turn.

I'm 200 5'10'' and I ride a 158
Thanks for the info. I hunted through some of the past threads on this topic too. Like everyone else, my situation is a bit different than what I found in past posts. I am pretty much in the same boat as you as far as size and weight. I also don't want too stiff of a board. Looks like the Evo-R is probably my choice.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM

If a good plow day is 2-4'' of fresh powder your in the same boat.

To sum it up. The EVO-R is just a really fun toy under your feet. I hope this helps.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:10 AM

I rode my Evo-R ALL last year as my POW board and it rocked! Knee deep, waist deep etc I was super impressed how it kept the nose up!

on Backcountry.com!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay29 View Post
If a good plow day is 2-4'' of fresh powder your in the same boat.

To sum it up. The EVO-R is just a really fun toy under your feet. I hope this helps.
Isn't that the truth. Out here in the midwest a "good" pow day is 2-4". It is what it is right? I am currently riding an 07' Royale 162cm. I'd like to keep that playful feel, but with a tad shorter board. So an Evo-R in a 158 will prob fit the bill.
SnoRidr
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Definitely the Evo-R for this guy.

16 Gnu Swallow Tail Carver . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA
16 Burton Genesis X . 15 Now Drive
16 Flow Talon . 14 Flow Hylite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode