Edges - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Edges

I ordered the SKS adjustable tool for base/side with the 400 grit diamond stone insert.

After a day on the slopes, to remove burrs or when I want to sharpen, do I run the edge tool on both base/side edges or just side?

Do I even need to touch the base edge? I had my board sharpened at a grinder (think that's what is called), do I need to remove burrs if any? they just ran it through.

Speaking of which, what is a burr? is it on the surface/face of the metal edge? or like a nick/scratch on the edge/edge itself?

or would you guys use a gummy stone? I have an 80 grain (not grit, i guess this is a coarse gummy? it's greyish in color), I'm hesitant in using it as it's "freehand"

Also, would fibertex/scotchbrite pads bevel my base edge? I wax my board frequently and am wonderng if the pad running on the edges as removing wax will bevel it.

Oh btw, I am thinking of setting my edges to be sharper right now. It's a 1/1 right now, thinking about a 1 base/2 edge. Could u use the tool with the file insert to do this? or is it far better to do it through a machine? (and if they ran it through a machine, should I tell them to not touch the base edges? Just changing the side edge after all)

wow that is a lot of questions! Yes I love my board lol
NoirX252 is offline   Reply With Quote