burton cruzer, air, or other - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
c-dogg

Smile burton cruzer, air, or other

Hi, this is my first post, so pls forgive if this is covered elsewhere. I am looking to buy a board and would like some advice. I started boarding 5 years ago, but only got to head out about 1-2 times/year (tahoe area). I own a really beat up former rental board with k2 clicker bindings and found it hard to link turns. Last year rented a burton cruzer with progression bindings and what a difference that made! I now can link turns and feel much more confident, but I think I need a new board. Since I don't get to go out too much, I'd like to do this on the cheap (<$200).

I found a used cruzer online for about $120 with shipping, no bindings. I also found a local ad someone selling a Burton Air with burton bindings for $150. I might be able to talk them down. Any advice? I really don't need to go fast or do crazy things on the park, just control and stability, esp when conditions get icy.

Also, if it helps I am 38yo, 180lbs, boot 11.5

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
c-dogg

Default quick add

sorry, I forgot to mention:
My Height: 6'
The cruzer I tried out was a 159, and the one I saw for sale was a 160. They also have a 155 for sale. The air that's for sale is also a 160.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
KrazyHok

im 185pounds and ride a 159 all mountain board, but i've ridden 155's but the 159 was more stable at speed than the 155, also it depends on the boards flex. I didnt have a problem with the 155cruzer i rode when i rented from the mountain. Its always good to have a reliable setup and buying anything used on the internet isnt always a good thing, if you can find someone who lives in your area with used equipment be better to visit them in person and take a look at it. that setup is already 270dollars, you should increase your limit to 400bucks so you can find something better than that. I doubt you'll find anything better for 200bucks and under and if you dont go snowboarding very often just rent the equipment that way you dont gotta carry your stuff with you and save some cash flying with it. I know when i go snowboarding and take my equipment with me it costs 50 bucks there and 50 bucks back. 100bucks already that i can use to rent equipment for 3days, But i like my setup so i just pay extra for that crap

Burton Air used Snowboard 07' is 157 burton Air for 99 bucks thats a nice deal
i dont know about boots and bindings which one do you want?