What Capita board for beginner? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
capricornus

Default What Capita board for beginner?

Hi, I am new to this forum and snowboarding in general and I would need some help from experienced members.

I'm in a search for my first board, I've done a lot of research and so far, I like the Capita boards the most. So my question is, which board from their line would be best for a beginner? I was looking at Stairmaster and Indoor Survival and also Quiver Killer.

I will ride mostly piste, probably not much jibbing and pipes, perhaps later some freeriding or POW.

Also, I'm not so sure about the size of the board, according to calculator it should be about 160-162 (I am 5'11 and 198) so should I go for this lenght?

Thank you for any help and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
mjd

Don't worry about terrains. You need to demo a bunch of capita boards and go with the one that FEELS right for you. I've had an Indoor, Speed Tribe, and Horrorscope- I like the Horrorscope and use it for everything although it's marketed as a park board. There's really no way someone can give you useful advice on what to buy that you can't google on a million and one web sites. It all boils down to feels right for you. If it ain't fun to ride move on to something else.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

everyone will say get the sierrascope. its shaped like the horrorscope, has the internals of the indoor, has their flat kick that most people love, and its cheaper than the stairmaster. i made a similiar thread and that was the result i got, i ordered the next day. havent got to ride it yet but playing around at home it seems to be pretty sweet.
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

I guess if you can't demo the boards here is a bit more info the Stairmaster ($329) and Indoor survival ($399) are true twin freestyle while the Quiver killer ($379) is directional.

For $379, I wouldn't recommend the Quiver Killer because at this price you can get a sintered base from other brands (K2, Salomon).
With the WDT wood core and the Biax, the Stairmaster is an good entry freestyle board but you could be limited for an overall mountain ride.

I think your best best if you can't try them is to go for the Indoor Survival FK because it is a bit stiffer (carbon cross between the bindings) while still being a good park- all mountain board. FK will be more freestyle and the regular camber more for all mountain (+bigger jumps).
Actionsportsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
capricornus

thanks for the input so far. I wasn't considering Sierrascope, because it comes in max length 156, what would be too short for me, wouldn't it?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
capricornus

Oh and demo the board is no option for me, in my country there is even no dealer of Capita boards (and most other brands for that matter)

One more question, if I'd chose Indoor Survival, what length should I go for, 158 or 160?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

get something that has reverse camber. it makes boards so much easier to ride. and people say it wont handle well on ice, but it does just fine. my sierrascope is love.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote