Buying a Lib trs btx. Help with sizing please. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying a Lib trs btx. Help with sizing please.

I would like to ride a smaller board, but I don't know if I can.. I don't know If I can go a little smaller since it is a rocker, and this board has a stiffer flex so I figure it will work good for my weight. I am deciding between the 159 and 162 lib tech trs btx, I am basically doing all mountain with freestyle, and thought it was the perfect board. I am 6'2", 215..

Every board I have looked at, it says for my weight, I need like a 167 or bigger. Right now I ride a 155, but not too good in the powder for the most part.

Anyone with my body type riding a 159 rocker? Bigger? Smaller? Any help is cool, I have asked around some shops, but no real help though.
-thizzin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

cant really help you with what size you should get. But I am 5'10 170 pounds and rode a 157 trs btx all last season and loved it. Great all mountain board.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
cant really help you with what size you should get. But I am 5'10 170 pounds and rode a 157 trs btx all last season and loved it. Great all mountain board.
I have some people telling me to go with the 162, but it is a huge jump from a 155 IMO, I just dont want to spend 700 and wish I got a different size.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you are going to be doing freestyle i would get the 159, that is if your boot is small enough to fit (I am guessing you have big feet). You will have less flotation in powder but you have to choose one or the other. Better powder flotation or more flexibility for freestyle. Either way you should have much better flotation than your 155 cambered board.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
if you are going to be doing freestyle i would get the 159, that is if your boot is small enough to fit (I am guessing you have big feet). You will have less flotation in powder but you have to choose one or the other. Better powder flotation or more flexibility for freestyle. Either way you should have much better flotation than your 155 cambered board.
well i fit into a 10.5-11 depending on the boot. i dont think i will loose much flotation between the 159 and 162, so im going to think about it some more, but im leaning tawards the 159
Old 12-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

hey man im 215lbs and ride 154-156 in most all boards .. including lib tech skate banana gnu riders choice never summer slr and capitas sierrascope
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default What size board

Here's a nice sizing chart that I linked to: Snowboarding Japan: What size snowboard should I ride?

I've been riding a Travis Rice 161.5 or so for the last 3 years. I'm 6' and run between 230 and 220. It works for everything except very deep powder. Then I switch to my NS Summit...it's about 165 or 166...can't remember.

A lot is dependent upon your riding style and wants. Some folks like longer boards. I had a board problem once and had to rent at a resort in Japan. Naturally, every board was shorter than I was accustomed to riding. Best thing that ever happened to me.
bryantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
hey man im 215lbs and ride 154-156 in most all boards .. including lib tech skate banana gnu riders choice never summer slr and capitas sierrascope
What kind of riding do you do?