Need some help on board purchase - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 03:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some help on board purchase

Started snowboarding last year after skiing for 16 years. Am 28, in good shape, picked it up pretty fast. Absolutely love it, and ready to buy a second board. I have no complaints about my gear as I wouldn't even know what's wrong anyway. I live in Michigan, so its hard packed the majority of the time, please keep this in mind. I know skill > board, so doesn't need to be said.

I'm 5' 10", 160 lbs, boots are 10.5

Currently I have the Nitro Revolt (2007?), its 155 (Is this too short for me?), m11 flow bindings, 32 lashed boots (these are so comfortable lol).

My problem is this. There's like a thousand boards and as much as I troll these forums I haven't a clue. I have 0 interest in the park, I just want to screw around on the hill and want the smoothest ride possible. I don't care what brand, don't care about price, and I don't care about replacing the bindings if I have to. So please, throw me some boards and set ups out there, it would be so appreciated you have no idea. Been going crazy over the past week trying to find something. Furthermore, I don't have any preference in terms of it being a rocker or w/e else is new out there. I've got all my sides down (enough to feel comfortable). I do have ONE requirement though. Durability!

Thanks again for your time. All I ask is you don't just post board names, some description would be great as I want to absorb as much info as I can so on my next purchase after this one I don't have to throw myself here to your mercy! =)

Last but not least folks, I want to order this board by Monday. Whoever convinces me with a solid purchase, and the best price available online, i'll flip you 20$'s through paypal. That's no joke. People pay me for my knowledge, no reason I shouldn't for yours. Details are important to me, so convince me! Thanks again

Last edited by Odine; 12-31-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Odine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odine View Post
Started snowboarding last year after skiing for 16 years. Am 28, in good shape, picked it up pretty fast. Absolutely love it, and ready to buy a second board. I have no complaints about my gear as I wouldn't even know what's wrong anyway. I live in Michigan, so its hard packed the majority of the time, please keep this in mind. I know skill > board, so doesn't need to be said.

I'm 5' 10", 160 lbs, boots are 10.5

Currently I have the Nitro Revolt (2007?), its 155 (Is this too short for me?), m11 flow bindings, 32 lashed boots (these are so comfortable lol).

My problem is this. There's like a thousand boards and as much as I troll these forums I haven't a clue. I have 0 interest in the park, I just want to screw around on the hill and want the smoothest ride possible. I don't care what brand, don't care about price, and I don't care about replacing the bindings if I have to. So please, throw me some boards and set ups out there, it would be so appreciated you have no idea. Been going crazy over the past week trying to find something. Furthermore, I don't have any preference in terms of it being a rocker or w/e else is new out there. I've got all my sides down (enough to feel comfortable). I do have ONE requirement though. Durability!

Thanks again for your time. All I ask is you don't just post board names, some description would be great as I want to absorb as much info as I can so on my next purchase after this one I don't have to throw myself here to your mercy! =)
whatever board you ride, you are still going to have to wax it every 4-5 times you snowboard on it....

anyways

i recommend
Ride Yukon- 159 or 164
Ride EX Bindings
You have your own boots :P

the board is a great board, and the EX bindings are made out of aluminum. Nice and durable
kquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

First off thanks for the response. Pretty sweet looking design on the board .

Few questions (as I said, am still learning). Aren't wide boards better overall for powder, which I won't be finding myself in very often at all, MI sucks? And at 10.5 do I fall in the large board section?

Just a couple nub questions, thanks for your time again.
Odine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odine View Post
First off thanks for the response. Pretty sweet looking design on the board .

Few questions (as I said, am still learning). Aren't wide boards better overall for powder, which I won't be finding myself in very often at all, MI sucks? And at 10.5 do I fall in the large board section?

Just a couple nub questions, thanks for your time again.
I am not completely sure, but I thought wide boards are made for people with shoe sizes 12+

Also, if you dont do park, you will find yourself starting to edge towards powder. Fresh powder is always a fun ride :P
kquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My knowledge isn't worth 20 bucks lol. However I did research boards for about 2 weeks before I just said f' it and ordered 1. I ended up with a K2 Brigade, found a good deal on last years model at Evo in my size. From the reviews and specs I found on it I think this will be a solid ride for a few years. I just ordered a pair of K2 auto uprise bindings, again all good reviews, and from what I could find K2 gear is solid. Just my .02 worth on the mind bending experience of buying snowboard gear.
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote