"The House" brand snowboard question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fishbowlfire

Default "The House" brand snowboard question

I am buying a second inexpensive board to travel with as I do not want to take my main ride because I have seen what airlines are capable of in terms of destroying skis, golf clubs and luggage. I am considering a board from The House snowboard shop. They say their boards are manufactured by a big name maker in a "state of the art" factory but I was wondering if anyone knows exactly who that board manufacturer is.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just spend half that amount on a good padded wheelie bag and take your good setup with you. and let travel insurance take care of any lost/damaged gear.

No point in having a good ride if you're not going to use it.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fishbowlfire

Default like I said...

I don't want to loose half a season by having my main board lost and filing an insurance claim that takes a minimum of two months to get paid. Obviously you have never been through the process. No to mention the two different times I have gone on a trip only to have my board shipped to the wrong airport or even wrong country. I have a good wheelie bag and I intend to put a House snowboard in it and I am shipping it ahead of me. Thanks for the advice but I don't need suggestions as to what else I could do. I just wanted to know who makes House snowboards.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

This doesn't answer your question, but if it's any help, it's probably very trustworthy. Whenever I need to get any snowboarding gear, I make the 30ish mile drive to their store because I just love it. You could always email or call them.

Just because I'm loosin
Doesn't mean I'm lost,
Doesn't mean stop,
Doesn't mean I will cross.
LoganCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

stay at home

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I sure as hell wouldn't go to the trouble of traveling somewhere to snowboard, and not bring my own ideal setup that's dialed in and familiar. What a waste of time/money.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yea for a minute I thought I was being a bit of a douche, but buying gear that you are too afraid to use just doesn't make sense to me. Riding an inferior setup would drive me mental knowing that my pride and joy is safely tucked away under my bed back at home.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reede View Post
Yea for a minute I thought I was being a bit of a douche, but buying gear that you are too afraid to use just doesn't make sense to me. Riding an inferior setup would drive me mental knowing that my pride and joy is safely tucked away under my bed back at home.
i dont know about you, but my pride and joy isnt my board. its the slopes. no matter what board/sled/tube/etc im riding, i still have a blast. It makes 100% sense that he doesnt want to risk getting his good setup broken or stolen. A good setup, for most people, is an investment. Not everyone is made of money and can run out and buy a brand new good setup every other day.

taking the cheaper route and buying a shop board for the trip is a very smart idea.

Lets ask some questions:

Will he have the peace of mind knowing he doesnt have to worry about his expensive board? Yes
Will he still have a blast riding the mountain? Yes.
Do you need a good setup to be a good snowboarder? No.

Not all of us are gear heads. the kind of snowboarder that cares more about how he looks and what company he owns is the one getting passed up by the boarders that are out there riding instead of in the shop buying the next trendy thing. now im not saying the having better gear doesnt help, because it obviously does. My point is he'll have the same amount of fun, with none of the worry about getting his good expensive gear ruined.
Mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbowlfire View Post
I don't want to loose half a season by having my main board lost and filing an insurance claim that takes a minimum of two months to get paid. Obviously you have never been through the process. No to mention the two different times I have gone on a trip only to have my board shipped to the wrong airport or even wrong country. I have a good wheelie bag and I intend to put a House snowboard in it and I am shipping it ahead of me. Thanks for the advice but I don't need suggestions as to what else I could do. I just wanted to know who makes House snowboards.
well you are still going to loose half a season if your 2'nd board got lost. only diff. would be that you were a few bucks shorter
addon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Lets say your good board gets trashed on the trip home. Couldn't you then order the House board to ride while the insurance claim is processed. That way there is only a chance of buying another board instead of a certainy of buying another board.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote